Sub 1100€ carbon wheels recommendations

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Sub 1100€ carbon wheels recommendations
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
Hi
I have been looking at getting a nicer and lighter wheelset than the hunt enduro wide (2064g) that I currently have.

I was looking to see if there were some carbon options in my 1100€ budget and I saw that hunt also makes a carbon wheel that fits in that range.

The ideal solution would be something that made the bike feel more"nippy" feel in corners and in general and saved some weight.

I have also had a quick look at sixthelement wheels and they seem good and doable with some more months worth of saving.

I am also up for alu again, if they can offer a more "nippy" feel than my current wheels.

I would apprecheate any form of recommendations and feedback

P.S. I am in the EU, so prices are 20-30% more than they are in the US.Big Grin

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 3:30 Quote
NordicRider wrote:
Hi
I have been looking at getting a nicer and lighter wheelset than the hunt enduro wide (2064g) that I currently have.

I was looking to see if there were some carbon options in my 1100€ budget and I saw that hunt also makes a carbon wheel that fits in that range.

The ideal solution would be something that made the bike feel more"nippy" feel in corners and in general and saved some weight.

I have also had a quick look at sixthelement wheels and they seem good and doable with some more months worth of saving.

I am also up for alu again, if they can offer a more "nippy" feel than my current wheels.

I would apprecheate any form of recommendations and feedback

P.S. I am in the EU, so prices are 20-30% more than they are in the US.Big Grin

DT swiss EX1501 alu version is way under your budget, light and strong.

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
onyxss wrote:

Ah yeah I thought about those too, but they are sadly discontinued for some reason, do you know what rim from dt Swiss they are equivalent to? Because then I could do a custom build with some halo hubs or if I want to be fancy i9

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 4:00 Quote
NordicRider wrote:
onyxss wrote:

Ah yeah I thought about those too, but they are sadly discontinued for some reason, do you know what rim from dt Swiss they are equivalent to? Because then I could do a custom build with some halo hubs or if I want to be fancy i9

EX511 rim it is. Look online, you can for sure get some EX1501 wheelsets still - new EX1501 is only recently announced and there is still tons of "old" series available. Maybe even discounted Smile

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 4:49 Quote
onyxss wrote:
NordicRider wrote:
onyxss wrote:

EX511 rim it is. Look online, you can for sure get some EX1501 wheelsets still - new EX1501 is only recently announced and there is still tons of "old" series available. Maybe even discounted Smile

I think that you mean the EXC 1501 when you say the new is only recently annouced. Sadly then the 30mm EX 1501 29 Micro spline or any variant seems to be sold out when it comes to the rear wheel, loads of 27.5 tough, thanks for the tip though Smile

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
I have two pairs of Light Bicycle 29er rims laced onto Hope hubs with DT Comp spokes and brass nipples, and they have been extremely reliable and bombproof. The oldest pair on the full suss are over 6 years old now and have been on 3 bikes, and the youngest pair on the hardtail is coming up for 3 years old. They are both 35mm width rims (30mm internal) and I went for a 32h build on the full suss and a 28t build on the hardtail.

The 32h pair weighs 1715g with tape and valves, and the 28h pair are 1682g, so they saved a considerable amount of weight over the 2kg Stans Flows I was running previously.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011829
Mobile Version of Website