Any Cinelli Vigorelli Pista Steel riders able to help with sizing?

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Any Cinelli Vigorelli Pista Steel riders able to help with sizing?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
Hello folks!

I am based in the UK and looking at getting my first fixed gear bike and am considering this:

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Cinelli/Vigorelli-Pista-Steel-Track-Bike-2020/M6ZK

Can anyone help me with sizing please? I don't currently ride a bike, but my last 2 bikes (CUBE Peloton and Boardman Hybrid Pro) have been 54cm.

I'm 5'8", 30" inseam, it seems this bike comes in 47cm, 50cm, 53cm, 56cm, 59cm.

Being my first track bike I'm unsure how the measurements compares to other geometries, here is the geometry chart:

https://cinelli.it/en/prodotti/vigorelli-en/

Lastly, is this a good choice? Should I be looking elsewhere? I prefer steel over aluminium.

I've also been considering the Ribble Urban 725 (£599 with Reynolds 725 frame).

Any help appreciated.

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
Top-tube lengths are long, relative to the seat-tube lengths.

• If you plan to use a drop bar or bullhorn and ride on the hoods, drops, or extensions: if in doubt, size down.
• If you plan to use a flat bar and / or short stem, size up, relative to traditional road bike sizing.

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Top-tube lengths are long, relative to the seat-tube lengths.

• If you plan to use a drop bar or bullhorn and ride on the hoods, drops, or extensions: if in doubt, size down.
• If you plan to use a flat bar and / or short stem, size up, relative to traditional road bike sizing.

Thank you for the good advice!

If I'm honest, my biggest concern is having to deal with crazy long reach. I sized down on my last bike because of it, but because I am not in shape I had to shorten and raise the stem and it just felt bad to ride after that. I could never get comfortable on it.

I'd love some input from Vigorelli Steel riders, just to put my mind at ease--as the sizing is different on the Alu version.

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 23:16 Quote
Track bikes are long and low. There may be options for something with a taller head-tube or, if you're less concerned with the aesthetics, a stem with serious rise.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008600
Mobile Version of Website