Pinkbike Subaru Fan Club

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Pinkbike Subaru Fan Club
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
Well, I openly admit i'm a Subie freak and I know there are more Subie freaks here on PB so why can't we have out own thread? Basically, here we have the official place to talk about Subaru, post your Subaru, dream about Subaru's, basically anything Subaru related you can think of.

A side note to anyone who is going to come in here and complain about the Evo's better at this or that, you can, but whatever your statement is, back it up with something. Don't just post "Evo's are better than STI's." or "An Evo will kick an STI's ass." If you want to try to prove Evo's are better, say why you think Evo's are better. Same goes for any other non-backed up statement. Don't state it unless you back it up.

Please try to keep this thread inteligent and respectful. No personal attacks here.

I'll start it off: Well, I curently drive a 2006 Impreza 2.5i and love every aspect of it except it's power. It's too damn slow for me. I wish I had an STI and the money to turn it into a full WRC spec rally car. I would keep it street legal though and use it as a daily driver. Just think of how awsome it would be to pull up to a McDonald's drive through with it spitting and fireing. I just love that sound too and it's not a bad thing to piss off anyone who isn't a full blown rally fan.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
I too love rally/subaru. I raced rallaye in a celica for a while and in an evo (evo was DONATED for my use!) Even got Mom to buy a Saab 9-2x which is an impreza in saab clothing. EASIEST modern motor to work on, but w/o a turbo on that car, its SLOW.

The STI is one damn sexxy car, and nothing sounds like a flat 4 (my first car was a porsche 914 with a flat 2.0) It has that nice low rumble and none of the typical Japanese rice rocket buzz bomb harshness :-)

Not to mention the center diff in it is SOO nice for dirt... seems a lot better than the EVO.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 22:37 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
I too love rally/subaru. I raced rallaye in a celica for a while and in an evo (evo was DONATED for my use!) Even got Mom to buy a Saab 9-2x which is an impreza in saab clothing. EASIEST modern motor to work on, but w/o a turbo on that car, its SLOW.

The STI is one damn sexxy car, and nothing sounds like a flat 4 (my first car was a porsche 914 with a flat 2.0) It has that nice low rumble and none of the typical Japanese rice rocket buzz bomb harshness :-)

Not to mention the center diff in it is SOO nice for dirt... seems a lot better than the EVO.
Ahh, the Saabaru. It's a heavier, wagon version of my car. It must be slow as hell. I do admit that the new STI was growing on me a little, until I saw a side by side of the 07 and the new 08. It's back to butt ugly status with me. At least it's faster than the old one. (If it wasn't millions of Subie fans would be so pissed off it's not even funny.) I do love the sound, but the turbo on the STI just makes it sound so much better. Who invented cats and mufflers anyways?

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
Dunno who invented them, but my jeep sounds MUCH better and breathes much better w/o the muffler :-) (gotta leave the cat, I LOVE my environment) Not loud like I'd think, just nice and rumbly, sounds like the tailpipe is underwater. But I would KILL to have it have a nice atmospheric blowoff. ESP since compression is only 8:1 on it, its a prime candidate for a good few psi :-)

Yes, the Saabaru.... its quite possibly the slowest car ever. the turbo stick version is fun, but this things auto N/A. It barely gets out of its own way. I seriously think the 3 cyl Geo metro and it would be close in a drag race.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Dunno who invented them, but my jeep sounds MUCH better and breathes much better w/o the muffler :-) (gotta leave the cat, I LOVE my environment) Not loud like I'd think, just nice and rumbly, sounds like the tailpipe is underwater. But I would KILL to have it have a nice atmospheric blowoff. ESP since compression is only 8:1 on it, its a prime candidate for a good few psi :-)

Yes, the Saabaru.... its quite possibly the slowest car ever. the turbo stick version is fun, but this things auto N/A. It barely gets out of its own way. I seriously think the 3 cyl Geo metro and it would be close in a drag race.
Haha, that would be close. My car is surprisingly quick to about 35 though. (redline in 1st gear) Yesterday I was bringing my brother up to the mountain and decided to wait for the cop to drive by before I pulled out into the 50 zone. I hit 3rd gear and the speed limit at the same time. I blame magic. If you look under the hood of my car, you can tell it wants a turbo. The air intake hose has a little nub where the turbo should be but isn't.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 22:47 Quote
That nub is your Subie's factory heart bypass surgery :-) They just forgot to put the heart back in

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 22:51 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
That nub is your Subie's factory heart bypass surgery :-) They just forgot to put the heart back in
I know. It makes me sad. Cry Subaru, you should make turbos standard equipment on everything you make. Even your hats should come with a big ass turbo zip tied to the brim. Oh, and while you're at it, demolish every automatic transmission you have ever made. (kill everyone else's too, it will help the world.)

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 22:55 Quote
ESP subies auto trans.... I hate the feel. The new GM ones are pretty damn nice, but the subaru ones are the grossest ones ive driven. Their manuals are very nice though!

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 23:01 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
ESP subies auto trans.... I hate the feel. The new GM ones are pretty damn nice, but the subaru ones are the grossest ones ive driven. Their manuals are very nice though!
Yeah, I had to bring my mom's 2004 Outback L.L. Bean into the shop the other day and I was like, WTF! why does this feel so crappy? It's partially because what was wrong with it was the transmission fluid line to the raidiator had a small leak, but still, no tranny should feel that crappy.

I love their stick's. A nice light shifter with a light clutch, you can't get much better. The only thing I would change is to give it a bit of a shorter throw, but you can get a short shift kit for the STI. (Subaru, make that standard on everything too.)

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 23:04 Quote
AND a centerforce dual friction clutch (or similar) I like a little more heavy of a clutch throw. My dad's RX-7 is just right, but his S4 is TOO light, just like all the civics, evos, whatever :-)

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 23:10 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
AND a centerforce dual friction clutch (or similar) I like a little more heavy of a clutch throw. My dad's RX-7 is just right, but his S4 is TOO light, just like all the civics, evos, whatever :-)
Yeah, for normal driving I like to know it's there but sitting in traffic it's nice to have it light. Even with as little power as my car has, it could use a clutch that grabs better.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 23:21 Quote
I dream of STI's. I am awaiting the day that I am in the position to buy one.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 23:56 Quote
geezir wrote:

WHAT! You want sexually transmitted infections? Ahaha joking.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 23:57 Quote
dotca wrote:
geezir wrote:

No, what's funny is he would pay for one.

Seriously though, I want one, well, multiple STI's really bad. I would be happy if I could just get the engine and tranny from one in my car.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
dotca wrote:
geezir wrote:

No, what's funny is he would pay for one.

Seriously though, I want one, well, multiple STI's really bad. I would be happy if I could just get the engine and tranny from one in my car.

ok, Ive ALWAYS wantd to put STI drivetrain in an SVX. THAT would be my Fav subie ever.

That nice split window system, STICK (since they only came in auto) and it would be even more powerful :-) It wouldnt be that hard, Id just have to have the donor sti....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008766
Mobile Version of Website