MT7 with MT5 lever

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
MT7 with MT5 lever
Previous Page | Next Page
FL
Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 8:42 Quote
hi,
I had a pretty hard OTB last month and i broke both of my MT7 levers and since magura is a bit pricy, i thought maybe putting an MT5 levers on with the MT7 caliper.
would it work as good as the MT7?

and what about shigora? would it work properly with an xt levers?

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 4:41 Quote
TBStyle wrote:
hi,
I had a pretty hard OTB last month and i broke both of my MT7 levers and since magura is a bit pricy, i thought maybe putting an MT5 levers on with the MT7 caliper.

I am fairly certain the Magura parts are interchangeable but have never done it myself.
Very important to follow the clamping specs with Magura brakes. I’ve had more OTB’s than I like to admit and when torqued correctly they should just rotate on the bar and not snap off.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 22:40 Quote
TBStyle wrote:
hi,

So did you use the mt5 lever on mt7 calipers? How did it go? Less/more lever throw? Anything?

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
TBStyle wrote:
hi,

If you broke only lever you can easily change that to any Magura lever - HC1 is cheap and good.

FL
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 5:50 Quote
According to Magura the MT5 and MT7 levers and calipers are different. The MT7 levers have more leverage and so their throw is slightly longer, to make up for this the pads sit slightly closer to the disk on the caliper. MT5 has less leverage so the pads have a bit more clearance. according to this the MT7 Caliper with the MT5 lever should produce a pretty short throw on the lever. No reason why it won't work either

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007587
Mobile Version of Website