Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 15:05 Quote
Stralov wrote:
Was it normal riding or after heavy bottom outs?
And did you get the updated version of the bolt the first time or was it the same bolt everytime and did you claim warranty?

Original bolt broken
New bolt, without the new fittings/bushing

I just snapped my bolt on my carbon 2020 sight with the old style bolt. How did you order the new bolt and from where?
The old bolt has 8mm diameter.. how does it work with the new one? Is it 10mm as it is on the blueprints?

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 2:36 Quote
Yeah it has the same diameter as the inner of the bearing. And is used without the reducer spacers.
It is ordered via my distributor in Germany, i work in a bike shop.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
Hey has anybody tried a mullet set up with the new sight. I'm on a 2021 sight a2 and thinking of throwing on a 27.5 rear after trying my buddy's mullet specialized status

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 14:31 Quote
royals77 wrote:
Hey has anybody tried a mullet set up with the new sight. I'm on a 2021 sight a2 and thinking of throwing on a 27.5 rear after trying my buddy's mullet specialized status

I think the bottom bracket would be annoying low. I smack pedals a lot on my bike set up as stock. It would be smarter to get a 27.5 bike and run a 29” front with a 150mm fork I think. The geo would be really close to stock.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
royals77 wrote:

I run my 29" Sight as mullet in bike park, works great. Tho not much pedaling needed there. The bottom bracket will drop around 12mm depending on the tire. Swap to 165mm cranks and I'm sure the mullet would pedal fine.

mrpercussive who posts here too also runs the 29" frame as mullet and has videos of it:

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 16:58 Quote
flickr wrote:
royals77 wrote:

I run my 29" Sight as mullet in bike park, works great. Tho not much pedaling needed there. The bottom bracket will drop around 12mm depending on the tire. Swap to 165mm cranks and I'm sure the mullet would pedal fine.

mrpercussive who posts here too also runs the 29" frame as mullet and has videos of it:

Thanks for the share! Yea i run my aluminum Sight 29 frame as a mullet and I love it. I explain why and how it rides in that video but also if you're not a video type, then here are the new geo numbers for the medium. Oh should also state that i'm running 2.6 tires to help out with BB height... Smile

Sight 279 Geometry
Reach : 448.7
Stack : 617.7
Head Angle : 63.4
Eff Seat Angle : 76.78
Rear Center : 435
Wheelbase : 1230
Standover : 675
BB Drop : 20
BB Height : 337.4

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
How do these things do on your machine built bike parks? I’ve found I really miss the sport, stopped and sold my dh bike a few years back after a pretty shitty injury plus surgery and I really only got up to chairlift bike parks. I have local pedal trails around me but would want to resume good ol flying down a-line and stuff at Whistler if I were to get back into it, I absolutely love jumping but it’s really hard to justify a downhill bike and a trail bike, and if I can swing it I’d rather get something like this and ultimately do more pedal riding when im not at the parks.

Last year during crankworx I saw the norco team was running coils in these for downhill races. Anyone ever done that? Wonder if swapping a coil in would be fun for whistler trips.

Ultimately just looking for a do it all bike lol.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
love mine , just recently took to a bike park and couldnt fault it. i would change to a cascade link in your case though.
the bike also accepts a 170 fork.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
anchoricex wrote:
How do these things do on your machine built bike parks? I’ve found I really miss the sport, stopped and sold my dh bike a few years back after a pretty shitty injury plus surgery and I really only got up to chairlift bike parks. I have local pedal trails around me but would want to resume good ol flying down a-line and stuff at Whistler if I were to get back into it, I absolutely love jumping but it’s really hard to justify a downhill bike and a trail bike, and if I can swing it I’d rather get something like this and ultimately do more pedal riding when im not at the parks.

Last year during crankworx I saw the norco team was running coils in these for downhill races. Anyone ever done that? Wonder if swapping a coil in would be fun for whistler trips.

Ultimately just looking for a do it all bike lol.

Sight has more than enough capability for most riders. Norco factory team ran their Sights with 170mm Lyrik and 55mm stroke (stock is 52,5mm and in most shocks you can remove the travel spacer to get 55mm) super deluxe coil which results in 157mm rear travel.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
flickr wrote:
The bottom bracket will drop around 12mm depending on the tire.

Just measured 29" Maxxis Rekon 2,4" vs 27,5" Schwalbe Big Betty 2,6" both on 30mm rim and the BB height difference was only around 7mm so can be completely negated with 165mm cranks. Both tires run a little smaller than advertised.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006235
Mobile Version of Website