Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
Hamburgi, I'm 174cm on a large sight and it works great for me. I would not want a Medium at my size, but to each their own.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
I'm 173 cm and have ridden both a medium and a large. The medium is better for me, but the large didn't feel crazy huge. At 178 cm, I think the medium would feel quite small.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 11:07 Quote
183cm which is 6foot, was on a large a2, couldnt imagin riding an xl and if shorter for sure a Medium.
the large sight lacks Stack height so is a bit deceiving in fit.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
My inseam is 84,5cm.

I checked the Geos from the ransom and the sight. Both in size M.
Reach on the sight is 455mm, Ransom 439,5
TT lenght sight: 593mm, Ransom: 604mm
ST lenght sight: 395mm, Ransom: 440mm

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
I'm 178 tall and went with a large 29er, which fits me fine, but our proportions might be different.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 15:25 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:
I'm 178 tall and went with a large 29er, which fits me fine, but our proportions might be different.
DMal wrote:
I'm 173 cm and have ridden both a medium and a large. The medium is better for me, but the large didn't feel crazy huge. At 178 cm, I think the medium would feel quite small.

I’m 183cm also pedalling a Large 27.5”

I test pedalled a Large 29er around a car park when I was in the market and the geometry felt absolutely spot on. However I am not a Niner guy, and bought a 27.5” Sight unseen (heh…)
IMO it feels ever so slightly cramped on the climb but I wouldn’t and couldn’t imagine anything longer for the descents.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
Anyone has had a problem with stripped threads on their Trunnion mount shock?

The thread on my FOX Trunnion shock is stripped out. It came like that (bought second hand from Whistler Gateway bikes, therefore no warranty. E-mails and phone calls have not yet been answered.) I rechased the thread but it didn't last long (meaning that the bolts are coming loose again). The bolts are M10x1. Drilling and chasing a larger thread would not work I think because the larger bolts would be too big to fit through the holes in the linkage. I thought that perhaps Helicoils would be an option? Has anyone had experience with that? Or do I have to bite the bullet and just get an entirely new shock (and bolts)? (I would hate to do that but I'd probably get a Marzocchi coil shock in that case; some have reported that it makes the back more planted).

P.S.: I am riding the 2020 (sorry I don't think there is a dedicated thread for MY2020) Norco Sight A2 (loving it otherwise)

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 15:33 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:
Anyone has had a problem with stripped threads on their Trunnion mount shock?
P.S.: I am riding the 2020 (sorry I don't think there is a dedicated thread for MY2020) Norco Sight A2 (loving it otherwise)

I’ve read something about a ‘version 2.0’ of one of the pivot bolts after someone sheared/stripped it (ie Norco have a new part # for replacements) but nothing confirmed nor do I know exactly which one/s it is.

Though it sounds like yours is an issue with the shock itself. You’d be looking at getting it rebuilt by Fox with a replacement shock head. Sounds like whoever was working on the bike didn’t know what a torque wrench nor Loctite was and just cranked the shit out of it when fastening, stripping the thread.
Cheaper/easier option would be a helicoil but that too involves drilling out the old thread and oversizing the hole to prep for a threaded insert.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
Norco suggests an xl for my 186cm but i tested an L and was happy. I have long legs though. Plenty of reach for me and i was afraid the xl would not be playful enough. After one year on the L i‘m really happy.

Also gonna try a mullet setup soon just for fun

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 23:57 Quote
Does anyone have experience running a Sight 29 with a 150mm fork? Have just been offered a sight frame as a warranty replacement for my Optic and am wondering if an air shaft swap for my pike (max 150mm) will do the trick or will I need to go for a new fork.

Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
dhftw1231 wrote:
Does anyone have experience running a Sight 29 with a 150mm fork? Have just been offered a sight frame as a warranty replacement for my Optic and am wondering if an air shaft swap for my pike (max 150mm) will do the trick or will I need to go for a new fork.

I've been running a 160mm Pike on my Sight from the very beginning. Chose to run the Pike to make my Sight more on the trail side of things. You can get 160mm air springs for a Pike. They're rare but they are out there. The air spring is smaller than a Lyrik so it won't be as supple off the top but you will save about 200g in weight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXPiKzbpMOB/

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 14:43 Quote
I'm 1,87m and 90cm inseam.
I tried the XL in advance as norcos chart suggested XL. But I compared geos from my previous bikes and tried an L after that and finally bought the Large frame.
More than happy with the Size. I'm glad I didn't chose the XL, would have been a monster truck.

At the bikeshop I work we tend to size down when we help customers choose a size. And they are happy with our suggestions. Cause the sizing chart is off and confusing for most of the people.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 14:42 Quote
dhftw1231 wrote:

So I’ve got the frame, and have discovered I’ll also need a shock, is 185 x 52.5 the only size that works or has anyone tried running a longer stroke? Trying to maximise options to buy with limited stock here.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 21:31 Quote
dhftw1231 wrote:
dhftw1231 wrote:

So I’ve got the frame, and have discovered I’ll also need a shock, is 185 x 52.5 the only size that works or has anyone tried running a longer stroke? Trying to maximise options to buy with limited stock here.

185x55 might have some clearance issues with some of the carbon frames in certain sizes if i remember correctly as they run bearings on the bottom mount. I can't remember exactly which sizes. Don't think this is an issue for the alloy frames. I'm running 55mm stroke on my medium alloy 29er frame and it's been fine so far

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 21:43 Quote
mrpercussive wrote:
dhftw1231 wrote:
dhftw1231 wrote:

185x55 might have some clearance issues with some of the carbon frames in certain sizes if i remember correctly as they run bearings on the bottom mount. I can't remember exactly which sizes. Don't think this is an issue for the alloy frames. I'm running 55mm stroke on my medium alloy 29er frame and it's been fine so far

yeah this is what ive been reading. it seems to be aircan clearance with the super deluxes. I read a comment saying a guy had put on a Marzo CR coil at 55mm stroke with no issues, but no mention of what frame material he had. This is a shock size I could actually get... any thoughts on the potential clearance issues with a coil? I have a XL btw

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012695
Mobile Version of Website