Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 7:11 Quote
Dialed unit!!! Whats the weight of that thing? My medium 27.5 with lighter build is a whopping 36.7 lbs lol. I keep my eyes peeled for a 55mm stroke RS coil but can never find one...

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
nskerb wrote:
Dialed unit!!! Whats the weight of that thing? My medium 27.5 with lighter build is a whopping 36.7 lbs lol. I keep my eyes peeled for a 55mm stroke RS coil but can never find one...

On my bathroom scale, it's looking like ~38lbs... I just don't think they built these frames very light!

Yeah I was super lucky to find that 55 mm coil here on pinkbike. I was seconds from ordering a new Bomber CR when it came up. The bomber would probably work just as well in the rear, and they're available in 55mm right now.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
riggadon wrote:
nskerb wrote:

On my bathroom scale, it's looking like ~38lbs... I just don't think they built these frames very light!

Yeah I was super lucky to find that 55 mm coil here on pinkbike. I was seconds from ordering a new Bomber CR when it came up. The bomber would probably work just as well in the rear, and they're available in 55mm right now.

Yeah they are chonky.
I'm not chasing weight on mine but I'm getting some new wheels and a GX cassette while I'm at it. The NX is a boat anchor. Is your Zeb at 160mm still? 27.5 F&R?

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
nskerb wrote:
riggadon wrote:
nskerb wrote:

Yeah they are chonky.
I'm not chasing weight on mine but I'm getting some new wheels and a GX cassette while I'm at it. The NX is a boat anchor. Is your Zeb at 160mm still? 27.5 F&R?

Yep, stuck with 160 for the Zeb and 27.5 f/r. The axle to crown is 5mm longer on the Zeb over the Yari/Lyrik, so there's a minor geo change there. The Zeb does also ride higher in it's travel, so I added some preload and spring rate to the rear to keep the bike balanced.

I think wheels are the best place to shave weight on these bikes.

Posted: Apr 15, 2022 at 4:12 Quote
Hi! Looking to get some help setting up my fox x2 for my norco sight 2020. Got a super deluxe+ on the bike originally but it broke internally and new parts are going to take ages to get so I got a used 2019 fox float x2 while I wait. However I'm finding it hard to even know where to start with the high and low speed compression since norcos suggestions and fox suggestions differ quite a lot. I'm about 92-95 kg in riding gear and I'm running 275 psi to get 27% sag. Norco suggests running hsc 19 out and lsc 16 out while fox recommend hsc and lsc 8-10 out for my air pressure. Anyone who's riding a x2 on their sight and can bring some insight on where to start? Follow norcos or fox's suggestions?

Cheers!

Posted: Apr 15, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
kristofern wrote:
Hi! Looking to get some help setting up my fox x2 for my norco sight 2020. Got a super deluxe+ on the bike originally but it broke internally and new parts are going to take ages to get so I got a used 2019 fox float x2 while I wait. However I'm finding it hard to even know where to start with the high and low speed compression since norcos suggestions and fox suggestions differ quite a lot. I'm about 92-95 kg in riding gear and I'm running 275 psi to get 27% sag. Norco suggests running hsc 19 out and lsc 16 out while fox recommend hsc and lsc 8-10 out for my air pressure. Anyone who's riding a x2 on their sight and can bring some insight on where to start? Follow norcos or fox's suggestions?

Cheers!

im about 95kg and had an A2 frame that came with the x2, Start with norcos on the shock but youll probably need anther spacer in it. Foxs setup(which i tried) was not very good.
Remember the Sight has a very high leverage ratio so normally the stock shocks come with a decent compression tune and foxes setup will be based on M/M tunes that they sell as OEM.

Posted: Apr 16, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
kristofern wrote:

Cheers!

im about 95kg and had an A2 frame that came with the x2, Start with norcos on the shock but youll probably need anther spacer in it. Foxs setup(which i tried) was not very good.
Remember the Sight has a very high leverage ratio so normally the stock shocks come with a decent compression tune and foxes setup will be based on M/M tunes that they sell as OEM.

Do you know the difference between the stock compression tune and the M/M tune? Which one has more compression damping built in?

Posted: Apr 16, 2022 at 14:26 Quote
the stock compression tune on my x2 was High, The leverage of the frame means you need a very high std air pressure to reach sag. ie i was like 280psi on the sight vs anther bike at 205psi for both to be 30%

Posted: Apr 17, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
the stock compression tune on my x2 was High, The leverage of the frame means you need a very high std air pressure to reach sag. ie i was like 280psi on the sight vs anther bike at 205psi for both to be 30%

I see, so the high compression tune helps compensate for the increased leverage ratio?

Posted: Apr 17, 2022 at 14:00 Quote
riggadon wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

I see, so the high compression tune helps compensate for the increased leverage ratio?

along with the Higher PSI you have to run. at 95-97kg i always struggled with Getting small bump compliance at the same time as getting it to take big hits. it was one or the other. I understand the Cascade link is ment to help with this.

Posted: May 5, 2022 at 20:51 Quote
Hey guys & gals!

I have blown my x2 shock on my 2021 A2 27.5 sight. Wanting to change/upgrade to a RS super deluxe ultimate. Has anyone had any issues with this change?

I am running a medium frame.

Thanks!

Posted: May 5, 2022 at 20:55 Quote
i too had an X2 blow up on me and i could hear it crack when i pushed into a berm really hard, maybe the twisting of the link caused it? Mine got replaced but i too swapped to a RS SDU with no problems. but depending on your weight check compression tune as they are generally tuned a bit firmer due to the leverage ratio on the sight being high.

Posted: May 5, 2022 at 21:20 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
i too had an X2 blow up on me and i could hear it crack when i pushed into a berm really hard, maybe the twisting of the link caused it? Mine got replaced but i too swapped to a RS SDU with no problems. but depending on your weight check compression tune as they are generally tuned a bit firmer due to the leverage ratio on the sight being high.

Yeh i have met multiple people whos x2 from the sight a2 2021 have blown and needed to be rebuilt.

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 5:13 Quote
RyanCates wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

Yeh i have met multiple people whos x2 from the sight a2 2021 have blown and needed to be rebuilt.

Is that the newer style x2? I have a 2020 A2 with the previous x2 (same size rebound/compression adjusters) and it has been a solid shock.

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
nskerb wrote:
RyanCates wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

Is that the newer style x2? I have a 2020 A2 with the previous x2 (same size rebound/compression adjusters) and it has been a solid shock.

yes the 2021 new shock, i have met with mechanics who claim that they have a "whole wall" full of x2 shocks from the sight a2 because it blows all the time

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006235
Mobile Version of Website