Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
tmou1t wrote:
Most 6 Ft Riders riding a Sz Large Sight? Seems like its right on the border based on the chart, but geo wise should be about right. 205 Lbs (not that it matters for size).

I'm looking to make the switch from my Pivot Switchblade to a geo that is better for some steeper terrain.

I'm 6'-0" and on a Large. Can feel a little cramped on the climb, especially in really tight switchbacks, even more so with my 35mm stem.
It was less cramped with the standard 45mm, but I felt myself hunching over too much with it. The 35mm forces my posture a little more.
Occasionally I wish I could push the seat back another 5-10mm (Or, a longer reach on the XL Frame) but I prefer the slightly shorter, more maneuverable Large size frame coming back down.

Sit on both and take them for test ride if you can.. the sizing works as a guideline but doesnt take into account Leg/Torso/Arm length ratios.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
I'm 6'1", the large was too cramped for me, so I went with the XL which was perfect. I've been riding mine sine Jan 2020. I have a long torso compared to my legs. The 200mm seatpost is almost slammed. If you have longer legs or average you might find the Large more suitable.
Try them both out!

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 12:24 Quote
tmou1t wrote:
Most 6 Ft Riders riding a Sz Large Sight? Seems like its right on the border based on the chart, but geo wise should be about right. 205 Lbs (not that it matters for size).

I'm looking to make the switch from my Pivot Switchblade to a geo that is better for some steeper terrain.

if your 6 ft and do all around riding. Large everyday. - Shouldnt be cramped, get seat height up to the proper near straight leg and itll be great.

Remember the Steep seat angle with short ETT will feel weird on flatter climbs but good on decent ups.(ie as per design)

im 6ft and the reach was already getting quite long on a large...

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
tmou1t wrote:

if your 6 ft and do all around riding. Large everyday. - Shouldnt be cramped, get seat height up to the proper near straight leg and itll be great.

Remember the Steep seat angle with short ETT will feel weird on flatter climbs but good on decent ups.(ie as per design)

im 6ft and the reach was already getting quite long on a large...

Thanks - would be everyday trail bike for out west plus some enduro
Our climbs are steep and often with switchbacks

The only thing weird about the large compared to the switchblade is how short the top tube is

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
Dwarfmarine wrote:
tmou1t wrote:

I'm 6'-0" and on a Large. Can feel a little cramped on the climb, especially in really tight switchbacks, even more so with my 35mm stem.
It was less cramped with the standard 45mm, but I felt myself hunching over too much with it. The 35mm forces my posture a little more.
Occasionally I wish I could push the seat back another 5-10mm (Or, a longer reach on the XL Frame) but I prefer the slightly shorter, more maneuverable Large size frame coming back down.

Sit on both and take them for test ride if you can.. the sizing works as a guideline but doesnt take into account Leg/Torso/Arm length ratios.

Thanks - would be everyday trail bike for out west plus some enduro
Our climbs are steep and often with switchbacks

The only thing weird about the large compared to the switchblade is how short the top tube is

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
ETT / effective top tube - If you want to ride XC, you can get away with 650 but for MTB on a large even with a long inseam You can run it right down at about 605 (IMO)

I can certainly notice the ETT if its up around 640 i start to feel like a roadie all stretched out and humpback but when i bought a marin alpine trail and it had like 613 i was amazed how much more "upright" i was so my back wasnt getting sore or anything anymore, could just comfy sit on an spin - when i owned the sight it was very similar feeling at like 617 for a large.

Again, at 6ft I would happily buy anther large if i could get a frame by itself, great bikes.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
Does anyone have a truck for getting the rubber grommet out of the downtube? Mine pulled in and is stuck in there

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
Is the lower shock bolt always supposed to spin?
Maybe it is with the bearings...

Just weird to me as the 13mm nut is tight, but the hex bolt still spins.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 17:26 Quote
Yep it spins on the bearings

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
The stock RS Deluxe Select shock on my 2021 A3 is leaking oil down the shaft and losing compression so I'm thinking of taking the opportunity to upgrade. I've found a RS Super Deluxe RC3 but its 185 mm x 55 mm and I've read I may have an issue with the fit, specifically the air can hitting a mount or something? Its an alloy XL bike, do I need to worry about that?

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 19:30 Quote
Did they change the stroke length from 2020 to 2021? I am running a RS SuperDeluxe with a 55mm stroke on my 2020 Sight 27.5“. Before that I had the stock Fox X2, also 55mm. No fit issues whatsoever.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 20:20 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:
Did they change the stroke length from 2020 to 2021? I am running a RS SuperDeluxe with a 55mm stroke on my 2020 Sight 27.5“. Before that I had the stock Fox X2, also 55mm. No fit issues whatsoever.

Cool, it looks like it should be fine, thanks for the reply. It came from a 2022 Carbon Sight and he had no issues with it but I want to be sure.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 20:25 Quote
sthorout wrote:
PaulWolf wrote:

Cool, it looks like it should be fine, thanks for the reply. It came from a 2022 Carbon Sight and he had no issues with it but I want to be sure.

Lots of info in this link

https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=224936

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 21:05 Quote
The fox bottom out bumper is so stiff they don’t let the shock use 100% of its travel so they bumped up the stroke on it to get it close to matching the RS using 100% of its shorter stroke

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 22:27 Quote
I’ve recently been going back and forth between a 185x52.5 Super Deluxe air and a 185x55 Super Deluxe coil. I notice differences, but none that I would attribute to the extra 2.5 mm of stroke.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011762
Mobile Version of Website