Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 9:56 Quote
For your information, the website has been updated with all new 2021 Sight models. https://www.norco.com/bikes/2021/mountain/all-mountain/sight/

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:
Picked this up at the weekend. It's an A2.

Haven't had a chance to ride it on the trails yet, but hopefully will do this week. My first 29er

Man that colour looks clean! Looks better here than on the website IMO (looks really red on the website). How does it look in person? I like the new builds they are coming out with. I'm considering the A2 too but in 27.5" wheels.

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
coast2coast-4 wrote:
Doomrider74 wrote:

Haven't had a chance to ride it on the trails yet, but hopefully will do this week. My first 29er

Man that colour looks clean! Looks better here than on the website IMO (looks really red on the website). How does it look in person? I like the new builds they are coming out with. I'm considering the A2 too but in 27.5" wheels.

That photo is a pretty good representation of how it looks in real life. It is metallic, so in the sun you can see the flake, and it really shines, but under balanced lighting conditions that photo is pretty accurate.

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
Mmmmmm Rootbeer anyone haha ;-d

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
DaveyB85 wrote:
Anything on the 2021 Optic?

I finally see the 2021 Optics listed on the website:

https://www.norco.com/bikes/2021/mountain/trail/optic/

I contacted Norco on twitter regarding release of Optics into the Greater Van area. His response on 9/18/2020:
bigquotesVery limited quantities will be going out to dealers later in the fall, with more to follow in the new year.
According to Norco dealers, Covid is still disrupting the supply chain.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:
coolatt wrote:
Doomrider74 wrote:

Can you post some comments on the X2.

I'm looking at getting the A2 in 27.5 for the Shimano/Fox build. Curious to hear how this rear shock performs, I've found the older RockShox (monarch Plus) to be overdamped.

It looks like this year they have X2 with HSC/LSC, HSR/LSR and a climb switch on the Sight?

Yup, that's it. I'll report back when I've had a few rides under my belt.

Hi

Do you have any feedback so far? I demo'd a RS equipped Sight today. I am likely to get the A2 though and want to know how the X2 is

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
coolatt wrote:
Doomrider74 wrote:
coolatt wrote:

Can you post some comments on the X2.

I'm looking at getting the A2 in 27.5 for the Shimano/Fox build. Curious to hear how this rear shock performs, I've found the older RockShox (monarch Plus) to be overdamped.

It looks like this year they have X2 with HSC/LSC, HSR/LSR and a climb switch on the Sight?

Yup, that's it. I'll report back when I've had a few rides under my belt.

Hi

Do you have any feedback so far? I demo'd a RS equipped Sight today. I am likely to get the A2 though and want to know how the X2 is

I'm still getting the bike dialled in but I really like it so far. TBH I wouldn't put too much faith in the Norco Ride Aligned settings as I found the Fox recommended settings more appropriate for me.

I haven't been getting full travel, although it feels pretty compliant on the trail, so I've taken a couple of clicks of HSC off and will give that a try. I've been up the mountain behind me today to hit one trail and it felt really nice, even though I didn't use all the travel. It was a slow, techy trail so probably not one to push the travel to the max. It felt great, though.

I need to go and hit some trails with drops and see how the new settings work out.

The ride included approx. 350m vert of climbing, the first few km of which were on steep main roads and I didn't even think to use the firmness lever as it never felt like it was bobbing.

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 17:22 Quote
DGB80 wrote:
SeanC1 wrote:
Who has 2021 bikes already? Norco website won't show 2021 bikes to people in the US.

Do they still have a 27.5 version?

All the alloy and carbon models are available in 27.5 I’ve only seen 2 different colour A2s in shops so far.

Where did you see a 2021 A2 27.5!
I tried to order one today and they aren’t available til April apparently

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 19:25 Quote
Update: I've now got the suspension dialled in and I am now loving it more than ever: It's a beast.

The magic is that it is a serious downhill bike that you can just let the brakes off and go but, conversely, it can nail steep, technical climbs as well. Yes, it's never going to be an xc wippet up the hills but I assume, if you're looking at this type of bike, that's not your biggest priority. It's also built for tight, twisty, trails, which was an initial concern, being my first 29er, but I needn't have worried.

My thing is steep, rough, technical downhill trails and this is the perfect bike for that. I'm not really a jumper, so I can't comment on that side of things.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 8:30 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:
Update: I've now got the suspension dialled in and I am now loving it more than ever: It's a beast.

The magic is that it is a serious downhill bike that you can just let the brakes off and go but, conversely, it can nail steep, technical climbs as well. Yes, it's never going to be an xc wippet up the hills but I assume, if you're looking at this type of bike, that's not your biggest priority. It's also built for tight, twisty, trails, which was an initial concern, being my first 29er, but I needn't have worried.

My thing is steep, rough, technical downhill trails and this is the perfect bike for that. I'm not really a jumper, so I can't comment on that side of things.

Thanks for update. I would like to be able to demo (none available right now) the Sight and Optic. I love a good climbing bike but downhill stability is a big feature.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
Does the climb switch is very efficient on that fox x2?

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
threshold31 wrote:
Does the climb switch is very efficient on that fox x2?

I rarely use it, unless I'm on a long road (asphalt) climb, but it definitely works, as does the same feature on the forks. it's not a complete lock-out, but good enough.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 8:51 Quote

I picked up my ‘21 Sight from the LBS last week and have some miles on it now. This was a Build Your Ride with AL Large 29 frame, RockShox suspension, and Shimano drivetrain/brakes. I’m absolutely loving it so far.

I had put a deposit down on an A1 build a few weeks ago and was told it would be April before I got it. When the Build Your Ride program went live on their website I was able to order this one. Then the shop called and said the A1 build was also available, but I decided to stick with the custom build for the Shimano drivetrain.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 10:50 Quote
Nice lookin bike! Is that a black frame or just the light?

AndrewD337 wrote:

I picked up my ‘21 Sight from the LBS last week and have some miles on it now. This was a Build Your Ride with AL Large 29 frame, RockShox suspension, and Shimano drivetrain/brakes. I’m absolutely loving it so far.

I had put a deposit down on an A1 build a few weeks ago and was told it would be April before I got it. When the Build Your Ride program went live on their website I was able to order this one. Then the shop called and said the A1 build was also available, but I decided to stick with the custom build for the Shimano drivetrain.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
coast2coast-4 wrote:
Nice lookin bike! Is that a black frame or just the light?

Thanks! The frame is black on black, it was a bit smokey out when I took that photo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010022
Mobile Version of Website