Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
AndrewD337 wrote:

I picked up my ‘21 Sight from the LBS last week and have some miles on it now. This was a Build Your Ride with AL Large 29 frame, RockShox suspension, and Shimano drivetrain/brakes. I’m absolutely loving it so far.

I had put a deposit down on an A1 build a few weeks ago and was told it would be April before I got it. When the Build Your Ride program went live on their website I was able to order this one. Then the shop called and said the A1 build was also available, but I decided to stick with the custom build for the Shimano drivetrain.

Nice

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
Have any of you put a 30T up front? I'm definitely feeling the weight on this 29'r on the long tech climbs

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
coolatt wrote:
Have any of you put a 30T up front? I'm definitely feeling the weight on this 29'r on the long tech climbs

I have a 28T on my 2020 C2W. Helps me get up the long climbs without blowing up my legs and saves my cassette! Worth it.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
coolatt wrote:

I'm on a 2020 27.5 and im looking to drop to either a 32 or 30T front ring.
I feel like i want just a little bit more from the bike on the longer, or the steeper climbs..
Right now (probably my fitness) i feels like im always in that weird zone either between the 32 and the 46 or the 46 and the 50. The 46 is great, but again i cant sustain that gear constantly, and one up/down is either slightly too little or too much.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
Anyone heard something about what suspension compagny is best suited for the sight? Rockshock or Fox combo?

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 16:03 Quote
Any big guys riding a sight? I'm 230lbs and wondering if anybody in that weight range is having trouble getting proper sag with either a float x2 or super deluxe?

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
threshold31 wrote:
Anyone heard something about what suspension compagny is best suited for the sight? Rockshock or Fox combo?

I believe they use either Fox or Rock Shox across the range so I'm guessing either would be fine. I'm not too sure why one or the other would be more suited the bike anyway.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Any of you put on a longer stem? I feel a bit cramped while seated on the large which I was not expecting. I compared the seated reach to my medium Troy and the large Sight is about 12mm shorter with the stock stem.

coolatt wrote:
Any of you put on a longer stem? I feel a bit cramped while seated on the large which I was not expecting. I compared the seated reach to my medium Troy and the large Sight is about 12mm shorter with the stock stem.

I'm amazed you even feel that 12mm out on the trail.

coolatt wrote:

Norco doesn't recommend changing the stem length from the stock 40mm... could you perhaps try adjusting the saddle position? Move it back 12mm perhaps?

atauro wrote:
Norco doesn't recommend changing the stem length from the stock 40mm

PSH! Fifteen years ago they wouldn't have recommended changing the stem length from the stock 100 mm.

A little more or less stem won't cause problems, but it's a fine-tuning tool, not a fix for a frame that's significantly too large or small.

atauro wrote:
coolatt wrote:

Norco doesn't recommend changing the stem length from the stock 40mm... could you perhaps try adjusting the saddle position? Move it back 12mm perhaps?

This bike is gonna take a while to get used to, it's quite a different fit than what I'm used to. I've slammed the seat all the way back so we'll see how that goes, maybe I'll raise and roll the bars a bit too. I'm on the low end of the large recommendation at 5.10, glad I didn't go with the medium

Posted: 23 hours ago Quote
coolatt wrote:
atauro wrote:
coolatt wrote:

This bike is gonna take a while to get used to, it's quite a different fit than what I'm used to. I've slammed the seat all the way back so we'll see how that goes, maybe I'll raise and roll the bars a bit too. I'm on the low end of the large recommendation at 5.10, glad I didn't go with the medium

I'm 5' 10 and the store advised me to go for a large as well, and it's a perfect fit for me. I can't believe some reviews are advising people to size down from what they've ridden previously.

Posted: 22 hours ago Quote
I’d rather be on a size down than up

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
Some people size according to reach (horizontal distance from BB to head-tube top), some by effective top-tube (horizontal distance from seatpost to head-tube top), some by a hybrid method.

There's no clear way to translate traditional fit, with a slack seat-tube angle and short reach, I to a modern fit with a much steeper seat-tube angle.

If someone wants to maintain old-school "butt to bar" length (saddle to bar, including stem) on a modern bike with a steep seat-tube, short stem, and slack head-tube angle, the bike is going to be extremely long. Things have changed and bikes fit differently now.

Active Forum Threads
5 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
6 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
9 mins ago - YT Capra Owners
10 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
14 mins ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
16 mins ago - Felt MTB?????
17 mins ago - New Freeride bike
17 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
24 mins ago - 15x110 QR or Kabolt ?
26 mins ago - 25% discount of on ssd chemical solution +27815693240
27 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
27 mins ago - Sram GX vs Shimano SLX
27 mins ago - attack revenge spell to revenge on your enemies back call +27673406922
27 mins ago - YKYATBW © you're part of this thread still
28 mins ago - Austria best love spell caster to bring your lost love spell back +27634599132
29 mins ago - Best powerful money spell call +27673406922 get you richness.To all Countries If you need to get rich
30 mins ago - Church of illuminate to make you rich,power & fame call +27815693240 The Illuminati society
31 mins ago - England,Dubai,Uganda-illuminate to Make you Rich, Powerful & Fame+27815693240 in London,Switzerland,France
31 mins ago - Fox 36 Rhythm vs Rockshox Yari?
31 mins ago - ISO Left and right dropouts/hangar for 2008 Stumpy 29r
31 mins ago - Hawaii-U.S Powerful love spell Custer to bring your lost love back +27673406922
32 mins ago - Join lord lucifer illuminate society to make you rich +27815693240
34 mins ago - Magic ring and magic welts to give you power $ money +27673406922
34 mins ago - No.1))-Love Spell caster to bring back your lost lovers ((+27678263428 )) Germany-U.S.A
35 mins ago - Original super s.s.d chemical solution call +27678263428 for money$$$ cleaning %%%%

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008192
Mobile Version of Website