Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
Author Message
Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 23:31 Quote
Ah, I assumed it was the Trek shown in your photos.

If that's the current Reign 29, it's a bit longer than the Large Sight and the Reign has a slacker seat-tube angle, further increasing the butt-to-bar distance.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 23:38 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Ah, I assumed it was the Trek shown in your photos.

If that's the current Reign 29, it's a bit longer than the Large Sight and the Reign has a slacker seat-tube angle, further increasing the butt-to-bar distance.

still dont know what size to get. unfortunately i cannot sit on one to decide Frown

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 23:46 Quote
I had a hard time also because I'm right between sizes (small and medium). I ended up going with small as I ride alot of technical trails and felt the medium would be too big. I haven't had it out yet and can't wait to try it. My old bike is small 2009 LT1 and the me is a Sight Carbon C1. The C1 wheelbase is quite a bit longer (wheels are 27.5) than my old one, so I'm glad I didn't go with a medium as I don't think I could flick it around as easy.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 23:54 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
still dont know what size to get. unfortunately i cannot sit on one to decide Frown

What would settle the decision for you?

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 1:16 Quote
haha, is the 2020 the same as 2021?
i just seen van can did a ride review on one, hes 6 ft and rides a large and loved it, im the similar build etc as him so if its the same then large sounds ideal

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
HI




































































hh



h
h

h

h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
The geometry has not changed.

The XL is larger than the Reign that felt too big. Medium is rather small for your height, especially given the steep seat-tube angle. So, by process of elimination ...

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
haha, is the 2020 the same as 2021?
i just seen van can did a ride review on one, hes 6 ft and rides a large and loved it, im the similar build etc as him so if its the same then large sounds ideal
Dimension-ally (including Geometry) - yes.

Changes were to hardware only.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
So I was just browsin Norco's site and it seems they have recently increased the price of all Sight models by 500 euros/dollars. No idea if there will even be Sights in stock in europe but that much of an increase is quite a lot especially for the cheapest models and kinda bummer for me.

The price already went up 200 from last year so 700 more in total 2020 vs 2021.

edit: it seems like that happened to US or CA site already back in January reading the thread and the prices were different there to begin with. I'm pretty sure 2020 A3 was 2799 euros and then 2021 A3 was released at 2999e which now has gone up to 3499e. Definitely not worth the money, it's now even more than the similar spec'd Process 153 and I always thought Kona was expensive.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
flickr wrote:
So I was just browsin Norco's site and it seems they have recently increased the price of all Sight models by 500 euros/dollars. No idea if there will even be Sights in stock in europe but that much of an increase is quite a lot especially for the cheapest models and kinda bummer for me.

The price already went up 200 from last year so 700 more in total 2020 vs 2021.

edit: it seems like that happened to US site already back in January reading the thread and the prices were different there to begin with. I'm pretty sure 2020 A3 was 2799 euros and then 2021 A3 was released at 2999e which now has gone up to 3499e. Definitely not worth the money, it's now even more than the similar spec'd Process 153 and I always thought Kona was expensive.

As I stated earlier, some parts on the bike were upgraded, most notably the rear shock. That, plus the less than favorable exchange rates resulted in a price increase. Here in Canada, the 2021 A2 I bought was 500 bucks more than the 2020 version, but the fact you are getting a better bike makes that easier to stomach.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:
As I stated earlier, some parts on the bike were upgraded, most notably the rear shock. That, plus the less than favorable exchange rates resulted in a price increase. Here in Canada, the 2021 A2 I bought was 500 bucks more than the 2020 version, but the fact you are getting a better bike makes that easier to stomach.

All the A3 parts are exactly same still in their site. Also the specs are pretty much identical to 2020 still too, aside from the drive train which isn't more expensive either in 21 model, even if i would take the deore anyday over SX.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
flickr wrote:
Doomrider74 wrote:
As I stated earlier, some parts on the bike were upgraded, most notably the rear shock. That, plus the less than favorable exchange rates resulted in a price increase. Here in Canada, the 2021 A2 I bought was 500 bucks more than the 2020 version, but the fact you are getting a better bike makes that easier to stomach.

All the A3 parts are exactly same still in their site. Also the specs are pretty much identical to 2020 still too, aside from the drive train which isn't more expensive either in 21 model, even if i would take the deore anyday over SX.

Weird. Maybe the upgrades didn't make it down to the A3, or to Europe, then. Regardless, everything is more expensive at the moment, for obvious reasons.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 20:05 Quote
threshold31 wrote:
C2 shimano
Really curious to see how that X2 will feel!

I have the X2 performance elite on my 2021 A2 and it feels great. The x2 has changed a lot from the 2020 model and addresses the issues that some ppl were having with blowing through travel and lack of mid stroke etc.. the performance elite is the same as the factory x2 with hsr/lsr/hsc/lsc so you can really dial it in. I have the Rockshox Super deluxe ultimate on another bike and the x2 feel a lot more responsive in the chop and bigger hits.

I'm a flyweight 130lbs so always have problems getting the suspension set up properly. The x2 allows me to run low psi and keep the small bump compliance without worrying about blowing through the travel. The only caveat is it does take more effort to get it setup properly.

I found the Norco Ride Aligned settings are way off for me. Way too stiff and pingy. I found the Fox recommended settings much better.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
Thanks a lot for answer! Sounds good!
Did try a Sight c3 last year, the RS deluxe did not impress me. Looks like the x2 might be the key!

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
mrpercussive wrote:
royals77 wrote:
Hey has anyone tries running a 185x 55mm shock to bump the rear travel up to 160? I saw it on a video and thought it was interesting

Been running mine with a 185x55 Super Deluxe which puts the travel about 157mm. No issues at all...




Do you know what the change in head angle is?


 
Active Forum Threads
6 mins ago - Ripmo AF Thread
7 mins ago - What brakes are people running?
21 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
32 mins ago - All Things Meta 29er!
32 mins ago - +27733404752 Black magic spells - lost love spells south Africa - Canada - Australia - Singapore
33 mins ago - +27733404752 LOST LOVE spell caster IN MALAYSIA-CANADA-FRANCE-U.A.E-SINGAPORE-AUSTRIA
34 mins ago - ☎+27733404752 Lost Love Spell Caster/Revenge Spells In South Africa Kimberly Angola Namibia Botswana Seychelles Malaysia
35 mins ago - BLACK MAGIC +27733404752 KENYA lost LOVE spell UK magic RING SOUTH AFRICA USA LOVE SPELL
36 mins ago - SIMPLE LOVE spell +27733404752 EGYPT LOST love spell SOUTH AFRICA MAGIC SPELLUGANDA
38 mins ago - +27733404752 Powerful Lost Love Spells That Work Actually in South Africa Singapore USA UK Lesotho
44 mins ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
1 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
1 hours ago - Lower back pain problems
1 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
2 hours ago - Specialized gone away from fsr to single pivot?
2 hours ago - Jeffsy 29er Thread
2 hours ago - 2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
2 hours ago - WTB Meta HT 24 Power Dirt Maxxis 2021
2 hours ago - fork upgrade for a (98-01) Santa Cruz Bullit?
2 hours ago - XCO fantasy picks
2 hours ago - WTB Meta HT 24 Power Dirt Maxxis 2021
3 hours ago - High Pivot Bike thread
3 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
3 hours ago - Modernizing an El Mariachi Hardtail - How to slacken the headtube angle, and how slack to go?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008707
Mobile Version of Website