Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
Author Message
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
royals77 wrote:
mrpercussive wrote:
royals77 wrote:
Hey has anyone tries running a 185x 55mm shock to bump the rear travel up to 160? I saw it on a video and thought it was interesting

Been running mine with a 185x55 Super Deluxe which puts the travel about 157mm. No issues at all...




Do you know what the change in head angle is?

It won’t change the (static) angles. The shock eye to eye is the same.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
Dwarfmarine wrote:
mrpercussive wrote:
royals77 wrote:
Hey has anyone tries running a 185x 55mm shock to bump the rear travel up to 160? I saw it on a video and thought it was interesting

Been running mine with a 185x55 Super Deluxe which puts the travel about 157mm. No issues at all...


So has anyone chopped the spacer from the X2 making it a true 55mm (rather than the stock 52.5?) and how does it affect your travel & bottom out characteristics?



What spacer can we chop??

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:35 Quote
wizard604 wrote:
threshold31 wrote:
C2 shimano
Really curious to see how that X2 will feel!

I have the X2 performance elite on my 2021 A2 and it feels great. The x2 has changed a lot from the 2020 model and addresses the issues that some ppl were having with blowing through travel and lack of mid stroke etc.. the performance elite is the same as the factory x2 with hsr/lsr/hsc/lsc so you can really dial it in. I have the Rockshox Super deluxe ultimate on another bike and the x2 feel a lot more responsive in the chop and bigger hits.

I'm a flyweight 130lbs so always have problems getting the suspension set up properly. The x2 allows me to run low psi and keep the small bump compliance without worrying about blowing through the travel. The only caveat is it does take more effort to get it setup properly.

I found the Norco Ride Aligned settings are way off for me. Way too stiff and pingy. I found the Fox recommended settings much better.

Damn, i wish i had some feedback like this a few weeks ago -
I installed the upgraded adjusters in my 2020 X2 (Work the best with what you've got kinda thing)
but if i'd known the 2021 was that much of an increase i probably just gone for the newer shock!

And i was totally the same with the Ride Aligned / Fox Settings on the shock.
RA had it bucking on jumps and bottoming fairly easily (though it felt really balanced through the chunder) - The adjusters were 3/4 or more through their clicks.

Fox is a much more balanced setup at around 1/2 the clicks leaving plenty more room for me to wind them up. not quite as composed in the rough, but feels smoother and overall a good tradeoff.



royals77 wrote:
What spacer can we chop??
the X2 has a travel spacer that can be removed. Step 34 of this:
X2 rebuild The 2020 rebuild guide doesn't show this step, BUT i think it has to be removed as part of a rebuild as it isn't as easily accessible as in the '18-19

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
Hey anybody had an issues with creaking in their headset?

Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
royals77 wrote:
Hey anybody had an issues with creaking in their headset?

Headset? Or fork crown uppers?

If it’s a Fox fork they are pretty infamous for CSU creaking/ticking but usually a fuss free replacement under warranty.
If it’s your headset, I’d be checking the preload

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
royals77 wrote:
Hey anybody had an issues with creaking in their headset?

Dry headset? perhaps it just needs a bit of grease.

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
Hmmm it's strange I thought it might be the csu creaking but I have taken everything apart and put it back together and now it seems quite. Maybe it was a dry headset

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 22:21 Quote
royals77 wrote:
Hmmm it's strange I thought it might be the csu creaking but I have taken everything apart and put it back together and now it seems quite. Maybe it was a dry headset

The headset is the first place I look if there's a creak from the front end. It usually ends up being a dry headset, IME, and if it isn't, then at least you've ruled it out without spending anything.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 5:02 Quote
Anyone has gotten AL Sight as a frameset or has taken their Sight apart and knows the frame weight? It's a heavy bike for sure and really sturdy frame which made me curious as to how much it actually weighs.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
flickr wrote:
Anyone has gotten AL Sight as a frameset or has taken their Sight apart and knows the frame weight? It's a heavy bike for sure and really sturdy frame which made me curious as to how much it actually weighs.

I looked at the 2021 A2 Sight and also noticed it was heavy ... will assume it is in the frame, since my 2020 carbon Optic C2 is noticeably lighter (and I think components are similar between 2 bikes).

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
njcbps wrote:
I looked at the 2021 A2 Sight and also noticed it was heavy ... will assume it is in the frame, since my 2020 carbon Optic C2 is noticeably lighter (and I think components are similar between 2 bikes).

Yeah A2 is especially heavy since the float X2 shock weighs 650-700g and the rhythm fork isn't the lighest either. I got an A2 with Lyrik ultimate, DHF exo and Dissector exo+ tubeless at around 16,2 kg with pedals (nylon wah wah 2). Definitely a heavy bike even in the enduro category but then again I don't notice much of a difference to my old Process 134 which was 1kg lighter so I guess it doesn't really matter. Would still be nice to know how much the frame weight actually is.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
I have a 2021 Sight C1 and it's not light, it's heavier than I thought it would be.. but it works friggin awesome and I don't notice the weight at all riding. I really am loving this bike so far

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
flickr wrote:
Anyone has gotten AL Sight as a frameset or has taken their Sight apart and knows the frame weight? It's a heavy bike for sure and really sturdy frame which made me curious as to how much it actually weighs.

I vaguely recall seeing a ballpark of 37lb for a complete built (component dependent, but that’s where the average lands)
I was comparing it to a buddies G1 Zerode and recall saying it’s only a pound or two lighter.

Haven’t been able to dig up frame only weight but rumour also says carbon variants aren’t that much lighter than Al.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
I actually had a live stream where i weighed the whole build of my aluminum Sight. My medium aluminum 29er came out at 3673g with that plastic thing in place of a shock and no rear axle


Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 2:33 Quote
mrpercussive wrote:
I actually had a live stream where i weighed the whole build of my aluminum Sight. My medium aluminum 29er came out at 3673g with that plastic thing in place of a shock and no rear axle

Oh nice. That is pretty much the average weight for an alu AM/enduro frame nowadays. Actually thought it would be heavier since the overall A2 build is pretty hefty, mine is size M too.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012690
Mobile Version of Website