Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
flickr wrote:
mrpercussive wrote:
I actually had a live stream where i weighed the whole build of my aluminum Sight. My medium aluminum 29er came out at 3673g with that plastic thing in place of a shock and no rear axle

Oh nice. That is pretty much the average weight for an alu AM/enduro frame nowadays. Actually thought it would be heavier since the overall A2 build is pretty hefty, mine is size M too.

Yea it's not too bad. My build came out at 33lbs even. Sure I had a Pike up front and a Rekon in the back when I weighed it but even with a Lyrik and DHR2 in the back, it's probably 34lbs? I've since replaced the Rekon EXO+ with a DHR2 EXO+ as i destroyed the Rekon already... hahaha! Have not re weighed it yet but not too concerned. While the Rekon made me feel like Sam Hill at much safer speeds, I much prefer the DHR2

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
mrpercussive wrote:

Yea it's not too bad. My build came out at 33lbs even. Sure I had a Pike up front and a Rekon in the back when I weighed it but even with a Lyrik and DHR2 in the back, it's probably 34lbs? I've since replaced the Rekon EXO+ with a DHR2 EXO+ as i destroyed the Rekon already... hahaha! Have not re weighed it yet but not too concerned. While the Rekon made me feel like Sam Hill at much safer speeds, I much prefer the DHR2

33lbs is pretty nice, was that with pedals? Your overall build is just lighter i guess and 27,5 in the rear with rekon sure helps. Mine is 16,2kg so 35,7 lbs without inserts (dhf exo and dissector exo+) and with 400g pedals. All stock A2 parts except the Lyrik and Zee brakes.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 21:00 Quote
flickr wrote:
mrpercussive wrote:

33lbs is pretty nice, was that with pedals? Your overall build is just lighter i guess and 27,5 in the rear with rekon sure helps. Mine is 16,2kg so 35,7 lbs without inserts (dhf exo and dissector exo+) and with 400g pedals. All stock A2 parts except the Lyrik and Zee brakes.

Yes that was with the heavy M530 pedals. Was what I had in the box and not looking to spend money i don't have. I'm a weight weenie though and just did the math on how to build it up light. The Pike also saves some about 200g over the Lyrik and I get away with the stiffness being a lighter rider but you do lose a little bit of the plantedness due to the smaller air volume i think. G2 RSC is also pretty light. I did weigh it with the 27.5x2.6 Rekon EXO+ which is 140g lighter than a 27.5x2.6 DHR2 EXO+

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 8:08 Quote
I have a basically all stock 2020 a2 and it is pretty heavy. I think the truvativ cranks are not super good on weight, the stand wheels are the same. And the NX cassette is an absolute boat anchor.

I don’t want to weigh it but I’m guessing it’s close to 36 lbs.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
Hi folks.

I'm currently running the stock Maxxis Dissector 2.4" WT 3C Maxx Terra, EXO+/TR tire (setup tubeless) on my Sight A2 but its like dragging a boat anchor: what are you running? Any suggestions for an alternative? I ride the North Shore and Eagle/Burke Mountain, just outside of Vancouver.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
The Dissector is a fast rolling tire. I took it of because it diidn't grip enough. MDHF or MDHR2have more grip but doesn't roll as much.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
threshold31 wrote:
The Dissector is a fast rolling tire. I took it of because it diidn't grip enough. MDHF or MDHR2have more grip but doesn't roll as much.

And yet everyone I've spoken to about it has said how draggy the Dissector is. Weird.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:
threshold31 wrote:

And yet everyone I've spoken to about it has said how draggy the Dissector is. Weird.

Compared to what?

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
Doomrider74 wrote:
threshold31 wrote:

Every rear is slow when you run low pressure.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
threshold31 wrote:

2.5 DHF Front & 2.35 or 2.4 DHRII Rear and never look back.

I'll never assagai

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
nskerb wrote:
threshold31 wrote:

I'll never assagai

That was the factory fitted setup,
at least for a ‘20 A2.
Fine in the bone dry but it’s like you’ve dropped anchor in anything slightly damp, like hitting a wall in actual mud.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
Dwarfmarine wrote:
nskerb wrote:
threshold31 wrote:

I'll never assagai

That was the factory fitted setup,
at least for a ‘20 A2.
Fine in the bone dry but it’s like you’ve dropped anchor in anything slightly damp, like hitting a wall in actual mud.

It is definitely not the fastest but I'll take the rolling resistance of the DHR for the braking and climbing traction.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 6:06 Quote
Really depends on where you ride.

I'm now running Rekon dual exo on the rear and dhf maxxterra exo front. Rekon rolls really good and it's enough for my local trails. In most cases i'd take a dual compound rear tire for trails since it rolls better and lasts longer. When the bike parks open i'll be running the stock Assegai front and maybe get a DD dissector or dhr rear.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009043
Mobile Version of Website