Older Bianchi road bike

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Older Bianchi road bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2020 at 19:45 Quote
Looking to get some info and a value on an older Bianchi road bike, pink in cold from the 80’s I believe. Wondering if there is some knowledgeable people on these types of bikes

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
There is this poster called Bianchigirl on one of the other bike forums. If you google her I bet you will get the straight goods. FYI, if its a Japanese Bianchi don't bother - while they are good bikes, they don't have the value of an Italian made one. Also, the really big money goes for the celeste green ones with high end tubing and high end campy components in top shape. Unless you have a special Giro pink one, I suspect you're not sitting on much.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
There is this poster called Bianchigirl on one of the other bike forums. If you google her I bet you will get the straight goods. FYI, if its a Japanese Bianchi don't bother - while they are good bikes, they don't have the value of an Italian made one. Also, the really big money goes for the celeste green ones with high end tubing and high end campy components in top shape. Unless you have a special Giro pink one, I suspect you're not sitting on much.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 13:01 Quote
New to any type of forums or blogs. Found a 80’s Bianchi road bike. It is a Mondiale model in dark grey. Not the best of colours but looks nice in person. It has all original shimano 105 components which I thought was odd but looks like it belongs on it. Has the Bianchi special tubing and Bianchi drop outs. Serial number is B 335. Small frame but in great shape. I figure Everyone knows more than me, so any info or opinions would be appreciated.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
s
B2greedy wrote:
New to any type of forums or blogs. Found a 80’s Bianchi road bike. It is a Mondiale model in dark grey. Not the best of colours but looks nice in person. It has all original shimano 105 components which I thought was odd but looks like it belongs on it. Has the Bianchi special tubing and Bianchi drop outs. Serial number is B 335. Small frame but in great shape. I figure Everyone knows more than me, so any info or opinions would be appreciated.

So the good italian Bianchi's have the Columbus slx, sp, etc. tubing. They will say made in italy. they will most likely have campagnolo components. I had a German market bianchi from the early 80's - the Rekord 710. it had the special bianchi Columbus tubing. My research indicated that Bianchi built their mid to low end frames with a blend of tubes which varied depending on what they had on hand which they branded as "special". The good bikes came with name brand tubes. The Japanese bikes came with Japanses tubes.

That old Rekord was fun to ride, weighed around 22 lbs and was well equipped with shimano 600. It wasn't worth much more than $300.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008280
Mobile Version of Website