2020 Capra Base 27 shock orientation

PB Forum :: YT Industries
2020 Capra Base 27 shock orientation
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 17:59 Quote
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried flipping the rear shock around on an XL Capra Base 27.5"? Thinking I might be able to squeeze a bottle under the top tube if the piggyback is at the seat tube end. From everything I can find, it shouldn't hurt the shock to be mounted that way so long as it fits and clears throughout the compression stroke, just wondering if it's been tried.

If not, I'll give it a try since it won't take long to do and I should get a pretty clear answer one way or the other.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
What did you find out, I was also wondering about this?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
I thought the spacing on both ends was the same, but when I tried, I found that I will need to press out the bushings and swap them.

So, I ended up just putting it back for now. I put a small Fidlock bottle with the Uni base on the seatpost above the top tube. The small bottle fits perfect with the seat slammed all the way down, my legs don't hit it at all when pedalling, and it's an easy reach between the legs.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
Awesome, I will have to try that, mine is a large though, and I keep my seatpost all the way down as well as the seat slammed down.
Could you measure from the top tube to the bottom of the seat on yours? I'd rather have confirmation that it would fit mine before buying. Thanks

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
It was a bit tough to measure with the curve, but I get about 7" from base to tip...

I also have the seat post slammed so that is to the top of the dropper collar and there's another inch or so before the base of the seat rails. Here's a picture, excuse the dirty shop!

The 450ml Fidlock bottle is 169mm (6.7") for reference. I have plenty of clearance and may even see if I can squeeze the 590ml bottle someday. The top may fit between the seat rails, or I won't slam the seat all the way down, or I could move it to the top tube closer to the handlebars, like a motorcycle gas tank if I really needed to. So far, I'm happy with the current location, it's just a really small bottle.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005764
Mobile Version of Website