2020 Enduro cracked frame - my warranty diary

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Enduro cracked frame - my warranty diary
Author Message
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
Well, first week of January came and went. Still waiting.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
Well, first week of January came and went. Still waiting.

Sucks man... I blew out the Roval Traverse wheels on mine; crappy DT 370 hub spun the threads out in the freewheel. Specialized warrantied the wheelset and upgraded me to the 2021 with the 350 hubs.

Then, my seat-stay failed - they had a new one out to me within 4-5 weeks. Not ideal, but at least they handled it. Hope your luck turns around - couldn't imagine being off the bike for 5 months.

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 22:28 Quote
Dtourino wrote:
Blownoutrides wrote:
Well, first week of January came and went. Still waiting.

Sucks man... I blew out the Roval Traverse wheels on mine; crappy DT 370 hub spun the threads out in the freewheel. Specialized warrantied the wheelset and upgraded me to the 2021 with the 350 hubs.

Then, my seat-stay failed - they had a new one out to me within 4-5 weeks. Not ideal, but at least they handled it. Hope your luck turns around - couldn't imagine being off the bike for 5 months.

Lucky enough to have a backup bike, but it didn’t hold a candle to the Enduro. Had to ride different trails altogether.

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 22:34 Quote
Specialized came through. Brand spanking new sworks frame with an X2 to boot. Hell of a long wait, but they did it.





Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 18:30 Quote
Nice dude, looks great! I cracked my Enduro frame with a gnarly rock strike on the down tube in later November and am still waiting word of a crash replacement. Luckily, it has held up to riding but it's kind of sketch. Your story gives me hope.

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 22:24 Quote
lan-duro wrote:
Nice dude, looks great! I cracked my Enduro frame with a gnarly rock strike on the down tube in later November and am still waiting word of a crash replacement. Luckily, it has held up to riding but it's kind of sketch. Your story gives me hope.

Hmmm... they might try to offer you a half price frame if it’s trail damage (that was their first try with me). Shop had my back and correctly pointed out that a rock physically couldn’t have got into the shock tunnel (at least without leaving some scratches on the shock resi).

Good luck man

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
Wow, that's rough that it took so long for this to get sorted out, but really glad to see that Specialized finally came through!

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 1:05 Quote
Yeah. Worst part was zero response for months. They could’ve at least just responded and said “we received your warranty request, you’re in the pipeline but we’re way backlogged and it’s going to take a while”. Run at the problem instead of away from it. That doesn’t cost anything.

Anyway, they came through. Very stoked to get the new frame and a brand new X2 with it. My DHX2 exploded on a drop today, so was pretty relieved to have that X2 to pop in there.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 8:47 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
lan-duro wrote:
Nice dude, looks great! I cracked my Enduro frame with a gnarly rock strike on the down tube in later November and am still waiting word of a crash replacement. Luckily, it has held up to riding but it's kind of sketch. Your story gives me hope.

Hmmm... they might try to offer you a half price frame if it’s trail damage (that was their first try with me). Shop had my back and correctly pointed out that a rock physically couldn’t have got into the shock tunnel (at least without leaving some scratches on the shock resi).

Good luck man

Yeah, I am going to end up paying most likely. I kicked up a rock and must of compressed onto it at the same time. Bad luck, but probably wasn't a manufacturing issue.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 22:31 Quote
Frame crack or paint chip

I was applying a frame wrap to my brand new 2021 Specialized Enduro expert when I noticed this crack? beneath the bottom tube protector. Taking it to bike shop tomorrow.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 23:15 Quote
snatchclown wrote:
Frame crack or paint chip

I was applying a frame wrap to my brand new 2021 Specialized Enduro expert when I noticed this crack? beneath the bottom tube protector. Taking it to bike shop tomorrow.

SHIT... gonna go check under my new frame pronto!!

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 23:17 Quote
lan-duro wrote:
Blownoutrides wrote:
lan-duro wrote:
Nice dude, looks great! I cracked my Enduro frame with a gnarly rock strike on the down tube in later November and am still waiting word of a crash replacement. Luckily, it has held up to riding but it's kind of sketch. Your story gives me hope.

Hmmm... they might try to offer you a half price frame if it’s trail damage (that was their first try with me). Shop had my back and correctly pointed out that a rock physically couldn’t have got into the shock tunnel (at least without leaving some scratches on the shock resi).

Good luck man

Yeah, I am going to end up paying most likely. I kicked up a rock and must of compressed onto it at the same time. Bad luck, but probably wasn't a manufacturing issue.

Damn it fully split your bumper(!). Still rideable while you wait on a new one?

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
Luckily, I am able to ride it but it's a little unnerving. Trying to keep it conservative

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 13:21 Quote
Just got back from lbs. Tech Manager inspected the crack. Turns out it is not structural. It’s just a paint chip. Got the go ahead to ride it.

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
snatchclown wrote:
Just got back from lbs. Tech Manager inspected the crack. Turns out it is not structural. It’s just a paint chip. Got the go ahead to ride it.

I would get them to put that in writing.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010330
Mobile Version of Website