Shimano 4 piston Brake pad compatibility/choices

PB Forum :: Shimano
Shimano 4 piston Brake pad compatibility/choices
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
I have Shimano SLX 4-Piston (M7120 4p) brakes and need new brake pads. Looking at the brake pads currently in the bike they are N04C. These have been hard for me to locate as none of the local shops have them in stock and even online places are out. This and the ~$45 price tag made me look for other compatible choices. There are resin choices but I am looking for metallic pads. Some of the ones I found but am unsure of are the non finned D02S. However these are marketed as brakepads Shimano makes for SRAM brakes. They are available online for $25-28. Can anyone confirm they have used them and they are compatible? Also comment on performance.
The others that look like they would fit are the H03C pads for the saint. They look like the pads would fit but the fins would emerge comically high out of the top of the caliper. Also they cast about the same, but are much more available at this time. Anyone tried this?

Also if anyone has used aftermarket pads with good results please feel free to add your comment here too.

Thanks for any feedback/comments

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
I'm in the same situation as you and quite confused in the Shimano Brake Pad selection for SLX, XT and XTR (G04, H04, J04, N04) etc. I just ordered the J04C from ebay at a discounted price and will try it out on my 4 piston XTR M9120 brakes. The brake pads that came with the bike is the N04C but it's either sold out or pretty expensive.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
Hey, I have M7120 SLX brakes and had to change them about a month ago. Mine were OEM and came with D02S right out of the box (non-finned) and so I replaced them with a set of the exact same pads. They will work!

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 4:25 Quote
I got the N04C and they fit great, but next time I will probably get the D02S for the winter since I won’t be hitting lift serviced downhill trails over the winter. I figured the fins on the ICE N04C would reduce fading on long continuous DH runs. But they are so pricy I probably will use D02S in the winter and see if I notice the difference

Previous Page | Next Page

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Sms/call +27634599132 to bring back your lost lovers in 12hurs for all countries
1 mins ago - £-TODAY-CASH FAST LOAN IN JUST 8HRS CALL+27815693240 .Do you need a financial help?
2 mins ago - 】【【U.K】【USA】Call +27634599132 to get all kinds of love spells you want to protect your marriage strong.
2 mins ago - Ripmo AF Thread
2 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
3 mins ago - ,USA)-(U.K-Love Doctor for-love spells to get lost lovers back +27634599132.
3 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
3 mins ago - ?:@-S.s.d chemical Cleaning solution for black notes Call [[ +27678263428 ]]
4 mins ago - Building my first 650b hardtail
4 mins ago - North London,U.K Powerful love spell Caster on love come-back call+27634599132
5 mins ago - Win court cases-Protection spell call+27634599132
6 mins ago - Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
6 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
7 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
9 mins ago - Fox 36 Rhythm vs Rockshox Yari?
12 mins ago - New Freeride bike
20 mins ago - Felt MTB?????
35 mins ago - Ibis Ripmo V2/AF fork offset
37 mins ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
40 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
41 mins ago - Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
45 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
54 mins ago - YT Jeffsy 29 Thread
55 mins ago - Long travel 29er race bike
56 mins ago - The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004851
Mobile Version of Website