RockShox 35 Gold: Where do we go from here?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RockShox 35 Gold: Where do we go from here?
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 16:41 Quote
Trixstar wrote:
Urrrrm op- are you aware that you should lube seals with fork juice etc when bedding in and continue to after cleaning dirt away post rides?

Uhh... yeah... totally yeah... Mhmm. Don’t mind me as I order some right now...

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 16:51 Quote
HELM HELM HELM HELM did you mention that you'd be interested in adjusting your fork HELM HELM HELM HELM

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
I had a 30 gold and went to a Lyrik ultimate.
Using alL 160mm on big drops.

Started with a Lyrik select, progressed, added the new air damper, progressed, added the new rc2 kit.

There’s a lot to be said about LSC.

Mostly single track here

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 20:39 Quote
Waylonwaylonwaylon wrote:
HELM HELM HELM HELM did you mention that you'd be interested in adjusting your fork HELM HELM HELM HELM

SO UHHHH. I just did a thing. I bought a HELM. For real, for real.

HELM HELM HELM HELM HELM

It'll be here next Wednesday and then I have to find time to install it... Damn college classes and HiGhEr EdUcAtiOn...

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
Osirian wrote:
Waylonwaylonwaylon wrote:
HELM HELM HELM HELM did you mention that you'd be interested in adjusting your fork HELM HELM HELM HELM

SO UHHHH. I just did a thing. I bought a HELM. For real, for real.

HELM HELM HELM HELM HELM

It'll be here next Wednesday and then I have to find time to install it... Damn college classes and HiGhEr EdUcAtiOn...

I changed my 35 Gold to Helm Coil. It's like from different planet.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 17:10 Quote
Is marzocchi z2 better?

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
Parchim wrote:
I changed my 35 Gold to Helm Coil. It's like from different planet.

Ooooooo! How's the Coil treating you?!

I'm slowly getting comfortable adjusting the knobs and dials on my air Helm. It's wildly different from the 35 Gold, for sure, but it's a keeper without a doubt.

SenditforJesus wrote:
Is marzocchi z2 better?

I can't say, as I haven't ridden a Z2, but I think "better" is 100% subjective.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 15:21 Quote
I’m on the RS 35 150mm for now. One bottomless token made a world of difference.
Before the token, it was a dangerous liability to ride even moderately hard or steep trails. Now it is OK enough to wait for a good deal on an upgrade.



My rebound works just like it should. So does the compression adjustment. There could be something wrong with yours. Do the service with premium seals, oil and grease. Check for excess grease clogging the dampener ports.

My upgrade options are Lyric ultimate, maybe. Manitou Mezzer probably.

DVO Diamond or Marz Bomber, on the used if it is nearly free list, and and improvement.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006747
Mobile Version of Website