Glasses and goggles

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Glasses and goggles
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 23:31 Quote
Dkutassy wrote:
simov49 wrote:
Dkutassy wrote:

I have astigmatism in one eye. The lens needs to be in the right place or vision will still be blurry. Different contacts have a few different ways of stabilizing for astigmatism. When I was fitted I was given a one week trial of about 4 different contacts in my prescription. One of them was comfortable but when mountain biking downhill the wind would blow the contact out of place and everything went blurry. The next two sets weren't comfortable, one felt like sand was being rubbed in my eyes! The fourth trial set was just about perfect. Very comfortable and the contact for my astigmatism keeps it right where it needs to be unless there's a very strong cross wind when I can feel it start to move.

Not sure what kind of eye care you have access to but fit and brand are critical for astigmatism contacts! Otherwise prescription sunglasses are a great option.

I ride with fullface helmet and goggles so I think wind and dust wont be an issue(except on the way up)

You should be good with contacts and goggles! I haven't had any problems with dust either way. If your eyes dry out the contacts can start to move around and make vision blurry. So just carry eye drops and an extra set of contacts just in case.

Thank you all! Today I am going to the ophthalmologist for a check and to discuss what the best option will be.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 19:13 Quote
I may have found an interesting solution. There's a company in Sweden that makes inserts that are supposedly universal for any kind of goggles. You just send them your prescription and they ship it out to you. I decided to give it a shot, it cost just over $200 CAD, plus whatever duty taxes I get nailed with when it gets here. I'll be sure to let you all know how they are after I tried them out.

Here's the website: www.youzeeshop.com

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009691
Mobile Version of Website