Which RACKS fit Farley Large

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Which RACKS fit Farley Large
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
Please let me know which models of rear bike racks fit a 2019 Farley Large frame.

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
I use Yakima holdup evo (hitch mounted) for my 2020 Farley7 (medium). Frame size is not an issue, but tire size is. The 4.5” Gnarwhal barely fits the support strut. I had to shave a little plastic to allow the tire hook to extend an extra 1/2” to clear (barely) the studs. Summer tires 3.8 x 27.5 fit perfectly.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
Good to know, thanks. I should have specified I am looking for Information on rear bike racks. I have just edited original post.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
rocky mounts monorail

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 20:34 Quote
Rear tray or vertical? I use a North Shore 4 bike rack that'll take any (adult) bike with a suspension fork, but it's a vertical rack... Found it the easiest to use with fatties... For me at least...

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 20:38 Quote
rkozun wrote:
Please let me know which models of rear bike racks fit a 2019 Farley Large frame.

Check out Old Man Mountain racks. They do all sorts of cool stuff.

https://oldmanmountain.com/

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 20:55 Quote
I use a 1-Up USA hitch rack with the fat bike kit for my Farley in the winter. Fits the 4.5 x 27.5 Gnarwhals easily. No need to swap the fat bike kit off for the summer either - the rack with fat bike spacers will hold on to 2.3 - 2.5" summer tires just fine. Not a cheap rack though, but will probably last forever...

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
Enrique44 wrote:
I use a 1-Up USA hitch rack with the fat bike kit for my Farley in the winter. Fits the 4.5 x 27.5 Gnarwhals easily. No need to swap the fat bike kit off for the summer either - the rack with fat bike spacers will hold on to 2.3 - 2.5" summer tires just fine. Not a cheap rack though, but will probably last forever...

I have the exact bike and rack. Bought both this year. The best! The only issue I need to solve is finding rubber strips to place on the tire trays to protect them from the studded tires in the winter. I called 1-Up USA and they had nothing for protecting the trays.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:53 Quote
vetygud wrote:
I have the exact bike and rack. Bought both this year. The best! The only issue I need to solve is finding rubber strips to place on the tire trays to protect them from the studded tires in the winter. I called 1-Up USA and they had nothing for protecting the trays.

I got some outdoor stair grip tape at the hardware store and applied it to the trays to protect from the studs. Been on for 2+ seasons and still intact and working well.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006387
Mobile Version of Website