YT Customer Service/Warranty Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
YT Customer Service/Warranty Thread
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
AlexSH555 wrote:
I am new in the forum but I think it is important to share my experience (even if I feel a bit like the last idiot monkey). I knew the risks, I took them, I faced the issues. Here we go.

Dangerous company. I bought a Jeffsy Pro Race 29 with a preliminary confirmation from YT service that the bike was available. During 30 days, I received several confirmations that everything was fine. My order even seem to progress. But seeing that it was taking more than the 2-4 days they promised me before paying, I contacted them by phone and email. Customer services could have asked the warehouse directly, instead, they just checked on the computer and told me "your bike will be shipped in the next working days". I received a wrong Decoy tool kit (???) that I sent back immediatly following their instructions. And then, suddently, 30 days after, I receive an email from YT telling me that it was a mistake: the bike was never available. They proposed me to refund and offered me 100€ in a voucher. Pathetic. 100€ to do what if I have no bike?

I even proposed to wait months until bike would be back or an equivalent model is proposed. They do not even openened the discussion: "As I said in my previous email, the bike is not available". Closed. Now, I am still waiting for the refund as no other option was proposed.

They do not control their processes, they do not consider customers as important, they sell bikes that doesn't exist (I am not the 1st one that describes the exact same issue since months), the service is simply awful. The new CEO doesn't seem to be changing anything.

Go away of this company.

So you order a bike, and 30 days later get told the bike is not available. They then offer you a refund and €100 by way of compensation....and for this you class them as a "dangerous" company? Ok, the customer service wasn't great but I think you lucked out here, not many companies would compensate you in such a way, and yet you come on here moaning...in the grand scheme of things if you lost 30 days in which you weren't looking for another bike, it's hardly a big deal and you're €100 up.....

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 19:32 Quote
Update:
YT sent me an email saying that they will be shipping me a new front triangle today. My only guess as to why it happened so fast is because I ride a XXL, which I'm guessing isn't a common size. Hopefully it comes sometime next week.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
Hey all, after reading all the negative feed, and positive as well. I pulled the trigger on a Jeffsy Core 4 in medium. I was like dang! I may not get my bike for months.. I received no tracking information after purchasing on a Tuesday March 16th, I wrote them just to see if I could get tracking. The rep responded within an hr with a tracking number. I received my bike today at 11am. Hopefully no other issues with customer service?? Thanks for the threads.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
Update on second cracked frame:
Today YT sent me an email saying that rather than getting me a new front triangle, I am getting a whole new frame, which was quite the shocker! My guess is because I have a rather obscure frame size/wheel size combo at XXL 27.5 and because they just released the new Jeffsy models for this year. Either way I'm pretty happy and I hope this last longer than the other one. Big Grin

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 16:19 Quote
Just got the frame in today, one-day ahead of schedule. I plan on building it back up this Saturday if I can find a replacement spoke for my rear wheel. Then I'll put it through the ringer on Sunday and Monday, hope it fairs better than the last one.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
I submitted a warranty claim and was approved on February 24th
and was told the part would ship out in a week. It has been 5 weeks
now and numerous emails and phone calls and I cannot get in
touch with them. Emails go unanswered and phone calls go to
voicemail. In the same time I had an issue with my Commencal
and it was sorted in less than a week. Unfortunately this will be
my last YT bike which really sucks since there only an hour away
from me and I'd like to support them. I can understand if a part
isn't available but the ZERO communication is a no go for me.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
armeniandave wrote:
I submitted a warranty claim and was approved on February 24th
and was told the part would ship out in a week. It has been 5 weeks
now and numerous emails and phone calls and I cannot get in
touch with them. Emails go unanswered and phone calls go to
voicemail. In the same time I had an issue with my Commencal
and it was sorted in less than a week. Unfortunately this will be
my last YT bike which really sucks since there only an hour away
from me and I'd like to support them. I can understand if a part
isn't available but the ZERO communication is a no go for me.

Did you get a confirmation email or ticket ID immediately after submitting a warranty claim?

I just submitted a warranty claim and they state I would get a confirmation email and I never did, tried again and the same thing.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 17:04 Quote
I did get a confirmation and also had an email exchange with
them before all of a sudden they went dark. I finally called them
at there new bikes phone number and had them transfer me
to the warranty person I was dealing with. Turns out YT changed
over there whole system in the last month and my emails were
not going to the right place. After talking to the warranty guy
he was able to locate the part I needed and sent it to me 2nd
day air. While I'm pleased with this latest interaction I am still
not happy with the 5 week wait with no communication.

It is for this reason I just placed an order to Commencal for an
Absolute RS for delivery in July instead of waiting for another
Dirt Love.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 17:18 Quote
armeniandave wrote:
I did get a confirmation and also had an email exchange with
them before all of a sudden they went dark. I finally called them
at there new bikes phone number and had them transfer me
to the warranty person I was dealing with. Turns out YT changed
over there whole system in the last month and my emails were
not going to the right place. After talking to the warranty guy
he was able to locate the part I needed and sent it to me 2nd
day air. While I'm pleased with this latest interaction I am still
not happy with the 5 week wait with no communication.

It is for this reason I just placed an order to Commencal for an
Absolute RS for delivery in July instead of waiting for another
Dirt Love.

Thanks for the info. I just tried for the 3rd time and did not get a confirmation. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I can get through to customer service but not through the direct line for warranty purposes.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
I just wanted to provide an update on my situation. I ended up sending an email to customer service and they were able to resolve my issue.

Word of advice, if you submit a warranty claim through the website and don't get a confirmation email like I did, submit it through customer service and call them to confirm they received it. It took a few days for them to respond, but I'm glad they acknowledged it and got back to me. Overall, I am happy how they handled my situation.

FL
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 13:14 Quote
So I bought a Jeffsy Blaze and now I am wondering if I brake the frame, will I get a blaze frame from warranty or will I be sent an up-to-date model? That is if I can even get one lol.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 0:52 Quote
And their bad service continues.....

Its one thing to have parts breaks, it happens....sometimes.
But not replying to emails and not returning calls is just plain rude bad service. Its like they're ignoring...no, they are ignoring you by not even responding.

No wonder their bikes are cheap. Once they have your $$, service ends.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 0:55 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Cracked my frame again. This time I cracked it by the cable ports near the bottom bracket. 2 cracked frames, 6 months, at this point the structural integrity of these frames isn't even funny.

Wait, SECOND cracked frame??!! Not good. And youre only 170.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
To anyone in the US that isn't getting good service there is a contact phone number listed on YT's website. Maybe getting someone on the phone would help

1-833-YT BIKES

FL
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 8:00 Quote
holytrails wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Cracked my frame again. This time I cracked it by the cable ports near the bottom bracket. 2 cracked frames, 6 months, at this point the structural integrity of these frames isn't even funny.

Wait, SECOND cracked frame??!! Not good. And youre only 170.
My friend has a top of the line yeti sb 140 and he has cracked his frame 3 TIMES in the past year. No we don’t ride insanely hard, yes we make fun of him. Don’t just blame Yt, cracking bikes is unfortunately part of the sport.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026435
Mobile Version of Website