Decent trail bike for an 11 year old

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Decent trail bike for an 11 year old
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
Hi all,

The ex-wife reminded me yesterday that I am supposed to be buying a new steed for my son who turns 11 next month, and I'm honestly a little confused by some advice that I've been given.

I bought my 8 year old daughter a Cube Acid 240 earlier in the year, and he's used that a few times, because he only has a BMX at the moment, and although it fits him perfectly right now, I reckon he would outgrow it within a few months, so I asked a couple of LBS for some advice, and they both said he needs to be on a 26" bike.

I'm in the middle of hunting out a new fs enduro for myself, and I really want to get him doing more trails over the next couple of years since he seems to have a good taste for it.

I don't really want to spend over £500 on it since it'll probably be a "stepping stone" bike, but I wondered if anyone has any recommendations.

He's around 35kg and 135cm.

Cheers

K

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 6:02 Quote
A bit more expensive, but I just got my 13 year old a Polygon T7. Came in around $900, modern geo and budget components. he's happy though and had been racking up the miles on it.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005224
Mobile Version of Website