Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 10:02 Quote
The first one with full face helmet

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 16:58 Quote
This thread is going downhill..

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 18:02 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
This thread is going downhill..

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 20:55 Quote
Well excuse you! I just dont want you to be in the ICU for THREE weeks! And paralzed for a month! And with brocas aphasia for the rest of your life! Damn it dude think before you say!

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 23:35 Quote
but wearing a hospital neck brace keeps you from moving your head side to side which you NEED to be able to do to ride safely. I've spent my fare share of time in ICU, broken leg, 8 ribs, collar bone, shoulder blade, arms, bruised lung, ruptured spleen and small intestine and brain hemorrhaging (not all same crash), so I'm all for protection. but you're suggestion does not sound safe.

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 9:22 Quote
But when you crash you always have a whiplash injury but with a neck brace which is higher than of the neckbraces that they sell now because they are too low that is why having one of those is safer than not having one at all just dude I want everyone too be ok if they crash and break any major bones.

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 14:02 Quote
I appreciate your concern but I'm not gonna wear a hospital neck brace. Thank you

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 16:10 Quote
When you corner you need to turn your head to the exit of the corner. With a hospital neckbrace it prevents you from doing so, ironically increasing your risk of crashing. There's a reason why MTB neckbraces are designed like they are.

Proper bit of help stolen from a MX site:
Wearing jersey cuffs or glove straps too tight restricts blood flow and can lead to arm pump.

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 17:13 Quote
No prob you guys, see ya

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 16:26 Quote
Buy a super cycle hooligan and bubble wrap gaureenteed a win Big Grin

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 9:50 Quote
this sounds stupid but it actually worked for me. I imagine a big bear chasing me down the trail and will eat me if i slow down. what it does is it stops me from over thinking stuff and just haul

This works for me because I tend to over analyze and think about what to do (brake here, enter here, exit here..etc), instead of just feel...

maybe it will work for someone else!

toodles Beer

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 2:49 Quote
kinlodesigns wrote:
this sounds stupid but it actually worked for me. I imagine a big bear chasing me down the trail and will eat me if i slow down. what it does is it stops me from over thinking stuff and just haul

This works for me because I tend to over analyze and think about what to do (brake here, enter here, exit here..etc), instead of just feel...

toodles Beer

I'm going to try this.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 8:07 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
kinlodesigns wrote:

toodles Beer

I'm going to try this.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007721
Mobile Version of Website