Trump calls US military service heroes "losers" and "suckers" for their valiant service in World War 1.

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Trump calls US military service heroes "losers" and "suckers" for their valiant service in World War 1.
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
As reported by The Atlantic and Fox News (and not retracted), President Trump has been quoted by senior Trump Administration officials as calling US military service members "losers" and "suckers" for their valiant service during World War 1.

The story goes back to 2017 when President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Both claims are flat out lies.

Trump actually rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people who were there with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

None of this should be surprising if you consider Trumps record of dodging military service in Vietnam by creating lies about having bad feet, his established record of disparaging military personnel like John McCain and attacking the parents of Humayun Khan, an Army captain who was killed in Iraq in 2004. Also consider his disdain for NATO and many of the most established American institutions that protect democracy in the world.

On at least two occasions since becoming president, according to three sources with direct knowledge of his views, Trump haa referred to former President George H. W. Bush as a “loser” for being shot down by the Japanese as a Navy pilot in World War II. (Bush escaped capture, but eight other men shot down during the same mission were caught, tortured, and executed by Japanese soldiers.)

Since becoming President, Tump has been fixated on staging military parades, but only of a certain sort. In a 2018 White House planning meeting for such an event, Trump asked his staff not to include wounded veterans, on grounds that spectators would feel uncomfortable in the presence of amputees. “Nobody wants to see that,” he said.

Trump recently lied and claimed that he has received the bodies of slain service members “many, many” times, but in fact he has traveled to Dover Air Force Base, the transfer point for the remains of fallen service members, only four times since becoming president.

Another time, according to eyewitnesses, after a White House briefing given by the then-chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joe Dunford, Trump turned to aides and said, “That guy is smart. Why did he join the military?”)

According to Bob Woodward, Trump has also disparaged his own Generals. "My f*cking generals are a bunch of pussies,” Trump told trade adviser Peter Navarro in 2017, per Woodward. “They care more about their alliances than they do about trade deals.” Among the allies he scorned? South Korea, which is “[allowed] to exist” only because of United States protection.

Trump is a person who only seems to primarily value money and material possessions above all else. But what's remarkable is that he has twisted it to the point where he feels he needs to criticize others who put personal sacrifice for democracy above their own desires. This is not a President who values democracy and what it really stands for. This is a narcissistic con man who uses the US military for his own personal gain whenever the opportunity arises even though he obviously has no personal respect for their service.

If he did have respect for US servicemen he wouldn't have ignored the fact that his buddy Vladimir Putin was putting bounties on the heads of US servicemen in Afghanistan, even though the evidence of it is more overwhelming than the evidence that got us into the Iraq occupation.

Trump pretends these truths about the things he has said and done are part of a deep state conspiracy to take him down. The reality is that it is his own people whom he has appointed who are divulging what he has said about US military servicemen because they are disgusted with him and the horrible things he has said.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
Yea this story was debunked and was from so called un named sources lol. But many named sources including people who are not Trump supporters have come out debunking the stories. Now for a real story with video to prove and no un named sources. Remember what Biden said to Charlamagne tha God??? He said you ain’t black if you don’t vote for him. Sounds like a real winner there.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 20:41 Quote
their both eff'ing retarded

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Yea this story was debunked and was from so called un named sources lol. But many named sources including people who are not Trump supporters have come out debunking the stories. Now for a real story with video to prove and no un named sources. Remember what Biden said to Charlamagne tha God??? He said you ain’t black if you don’t vote for him. Sounds like a real winner there.

It did come from unnamed sources but was never debunked. This doesn't sound like something Trump would say? I think eventually we'll hear from the unnamed sources, which is why no legitimate news source has debunked it.

Posted: Oct 31, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
DoubleCrownAddict wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Yea this story was debunked and was from so called un named sources lol. But many named sources including people who are not Trump supporters have come out debunking the stories. Now for a real story with video to prove and no un named sources. Remember what Biden said to Charlamagne tha God??? He said you ain’t black if you don’t vote for him. Sounds like a real winner there.

It did come from unnamed sources but was never debunked. This doesn't sound like something Trump would say? I think eventually we'll hear from the unnamed sources, which is why no legitimate news source has debunked it.

The real story is the Hunter laptop. Keeps getting better and better and from real sources not unnamed sources. Thats why Biden hasn't denied any of the emails or text.

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
Was a shame fox lost it though lol ! How embarrassing , you couldn’t make it up ............... yes they could !
Biden would have a full time job denying all the false allegations .
Good luck tonight trumpets !

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 4:09 Quote
Are you guys still backing your leader ? Abit embarrassing now ain’t it !

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 15:46 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Are you guys still backing your leader ? Abit embarrassing now ain’t it !
Oh dear , can it get any worse over there ?

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Are you guys still backing your leader ? Abit embarrassing now ain’t it !
Oh dear , can it get any worse over there ?

Yes, yes it can. Especially with Sleepy Joe in office. I didn't always agree with Trump, but at least he could walk up stairs, hold a press conference without cheating, complete a sentence, and, oh, he doesn't have a dog that keeps biting people. So to answer your question, yes.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Are you guys still backing your leader ? Abit embarrassing now ain’t it !
Oh dear , can it get any worse over there ?

Yes, yes it can. Especially with Sleepy Joe in office. I didn't always agree with Trump, but at least he could walk up stairs, hold a press conference without cheating, complete a sentence, and, oh, he doesn't have a dog that keeps biting people. So to answer your question, yes.

I wonder if he’s talking about the sort of embarrassing that it was when we whipped England’s ass and sent them back home. Or maybe he’s talking about the sort of embarrassing like Joe Biden holding his first press conference and only 4300 people turned in to watch. The lowest ever in history. Or maybe he’s talking about the whole 12 people that were at the hospital when he gave his cancer speech. Or maybe he means embarrassing like on Presidents’ Day they’re being presidential parades all over the country for Trump while there wasn’t one for Joe Biden. If he’s talking about being embarrassed of Trump I think 80 million people will have a different answer for him.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 17:41 Quote
Lol !
Embarrassing as in still thinks he won and you dopes probably do to !

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 17:46 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Lol !
Embarrassing as in still thinks he won and you dopes probably do to !

Ohhhhh no not a dope!!!!! Haha good one. Any more??

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005881
Mobile Version of Website