Titanium Aquila XC bike value

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Titanium Aquila XC bike value
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
I am not sure if this qualifies as vintage yet but figured this is the best place to put this.

So a work friend of mine ended up with this bike in her divorce. She has has another friend that wants the bike but neither want to rip the other off. Sine she knows I am an avid biker she asked me what I think a reasonable price would be. I have tried to research based off the classifieds and I am not sure if people are actually getting what whey are asking for. Based on that I was thinking like $1100 to $1200 might be a reasonable price between friends. However at the same time I look at it and it is so out of date i am not sure it is actually worth more that $600-$700 or less.

I have not actually seen it in person. I am told everything is functional. I am a little skeptical of the forks running well but the buyer likely would not know any better anyway. He got a LBS to give it a tune up for $50 and they did not say anything so I am assuming it is good.

What do you guys think?

photo

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
$500 to $700 is fair. Not sure I'd trust a shop that leaves that much cable going to the rear derailleur. Forks can be easily serviced, if they aren't leaking they will be ok but could use some fresh lube.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 6:13 Quote
I'm with ^. $500 is a good starting point - though people today will mostly ignore the actual bits, and focus on a brand name. Even though it's a nicely spec'd unit, it's also now a contender with most mainstream junk out there......and without a big name, disk brakes, or flashy whatnots.....it's hard to get good money for stuff along those lines....

People today in the used market pay for SHINY, more than anything else. They don't know what their talking about, but as long as it makes a good book-face photo......you've got a buyer.

As for forks.....the legendary SID is a beauty, and can be serviced for next to nothing at any time....Me, I'd just ride the damned thing for a while......why not??

GL with the sale!

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
Thanks for the feedback.

An LOL at the rear cable. I did not even notice that when looking at the picture on my phone. That is one heck of a loop.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013524
Mobile Version of Website