close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Ebike frame

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Why does no manufacturer sell frame only e-bikes??? Eframes think we'd have to call them.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
Because it would probably cost £4500 + just for the frame with motor fitted, plus E bikes are not really lightweight race bikes so most people probably keep things stock on them. I'm sure there is a market like yourself that would buy a frame only E bike but I bet it would be very small. There is probably other reasons too that I've not mentioned such as durable drivetrain compatability ect ect that just doesn't make it worth the hassle. You got to think even with normal bikes not everyone sells a frame only option as the market is nowhere near as big as buying complete, then take that situation and apply it to the much smaller E bike market. It's probably not even worth the coffee the brand managers would be drinking in a meeting to discuss it as an option. There is no real gains to be had for the companies.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
Plenty of good e-bikes around for the £5000 mark so I personally do not think they would need to be £4500+ for the frame only. Durable drive train crankset could be part of the frame most of the rest use the same, other than single shifter. As for the smaller ebike market. Its the fastest growing sector of the mountain bike market. Also you may have had an ebike for the last 3 years or so upgraded parts as you've gone along and now want to upgrade to the latest battery/motor technology. Just my thoughts.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 17:59 Quote
i've been searching for frame only options for last 2 years. Only ones available are used. Hope some brand comes out with frame only option

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
kawkaw wrote:
i've been searching for frame only options for last 2 years. Only ones available are used. Hope some brand comes out with frame only option

https://polebicycles.com/polestore/product/voima-frameset-deposit/

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 6:00 Quote
kawkaw wrote:

If you have the $$$ and want a certain frame then buy the e-bike with the frame you desire and sell the parts you don't want to keep. Use that money to buy the parts you want to install.
Done.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
hey thanks @jbrown for the Pole frame link, didn't know that option exists.
@benlow2019 yh man I would have bought it had i not plonked all my money into a shiny enduro, now the max i can do is quietly buy a frame which my wife hopefully won't notice

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
Well you could buy a Chinese emtb frame but would need to buy a battery and motor too. Or you could just get an elite conversion kit like the lift etc kit and convert your enduro to an e bike.

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
You can definitely buy S-Works turbo Levo frames, a local store lists one on their website. £6.5k though!

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
thanks for the tips guys, I did look at the chinese frame option, motor/battery quality is a challenge though. and that Sworks is an awesome option but price!! I guess like everyone will go down the full bike option in the 5k euro range. Orbea and others do have good starter kits now.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009553
Mobile Version of Website