Canadian road trip

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Canadian road trip
| Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 20:13 Quote
mick06 wrote:
Just a caution with silver star - if there is a lightning strike within 1000 miles of the place they shut the lifts down for the day and give you a big middle finger as a thanks.

Dont plan for more than one day of your 3 in revy in the bike park itself. Stoke climb is cool.

The lightning protocols are not unique to silver star but rather are regulatory. Last year was bad for lightning closures in silver star but such is life. I’ve had the same in whistler and, there too, there is no refund for weather.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 8:38 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
mick06 wrote:
Just a caution with silver star - if there is a lightning strike within 1000 miles of the place they shut the lifts down for the day and give you a big middle finger as a thanks.

Dont plan for more than one day of your 3 in revy in the bike park itself. Stoke climb is cool.

The lightning protocols are not unique to silver star but rather are regulatory. Last year was bad for lightning closures in silver star but such is life. I’ve had the same in whistler and, there too, there is no refund for weather.

Silver stars lightning protocols are absolutely unique to silver star. Their previous distances near covered all of southern BC, it was reduced but it still means you'll be sent home on a beautiful sunny day without a cloud in sight. Why take the risk? Go somewhere that doesn't treat their customers like crap to save some dollars.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 13:08 Quote
mick06 wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
mick06 wrote:

Silver stars lightning protocols are absolutely unique to silver star. Their previous distances near covered all of southern BC, it was reduced but it still means you'll be sent home on a beautiful sunny day without a cloud in sight. Why take the risk? Go somewhere that doesn't treat their customers like crap to save some dollars.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely keep this in mind and will be sure to have a back up plan.

I am under the impression that Kamloops is a bit drier than the surrounding area, is that a fair assessment? Any knowledge on whether Revy and Rossland would be in better shape that time of year?

Thank you again!

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 13:24 Quote
Yeah Kamloops is very dry. The trails around revelstoke should be decent but you can't expect moisture in the interior like you get on the coast.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2023 at 7:55 Quote
casmith9 wrote:
mick06 wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely keep this in mind and will be sure to have a back up plan.

I am under the impression that Kamloops is a bit drier than the surrounding area, is that a fair assessment? Any knowledge on whether Revy and Rossland would be in better shape that time of year?

Thank you again!

Based on the past five years, by that time in the summer everywhere in the interior and most of the coast will be bone dry. You never know, but pack goggles/glasses for dust.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 18, 2023 at 10:41 Quote
casmith9 wrote:

Thank you again!

The Okanagan is usually bone dry and hot in August, so plan on that for Penticton/Kelowna/Vernon/Kamloops. Personally, if you aren't into the freeride stuff I'd give Kelowna a pass, Smith Creek has some fun tech stuff but I think Three Blind Mice in Penticton and Vernon are much more interesting riding. Kamloops has a ton of awesome stuff as well.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2023 at 7:01 Quote
@jake28

Please remove this obvious spam post - thanks!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017936
Mobile Version of Website