Don’t buy a Marino frame.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Don’t buy a Marino frame.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
I wanted to tell my story about buying a frame from Marino bikes. Sorry for the lengthy story.

So last year at this time I decided to go from riding a hard tail to a fully but I wanted a cro-mo frame and had heard about Marino bikes thru the bullshit with sick bicycles. I went to there website and designed a frame and sent it in. About 2 days later Elijah emailed me back and wanted $110usd as a deposit and would send me a CAD drawing once they had a chance to he said a week tops. So I sent the money and a month later he sent me a drawing, I noticed some errors and corrected them and sent the email back 2 weeks later I got a email back about the dropper I was using and whether or not I was using external or internal routing and sent them a email back. 2 weeks later I got a final rendering and he said that it would go into production next week and be done in 3 weeks... 2 months later after asking every couple weeks how things were going I got a pic of my front triangle that was just tacked together then 2 weeks after that the swing arm and then paint.. so 5ish months after paying a deposit I sent then the remaining money and the frame shipped I received it at the end of feb 2020. I was stoked and built the bike up and waited for the snow to melt. Mid March I started riding it and just doing light stuff I wasn’t used to have a fully and it felt weird so I took it easy, mid April I was riding and dropped off a 6 inch root and the frame cracked at the Seat tube to down tube gusset It wasn’t a big crack but it was cracked, I sent pics to Marino he told me that I should get it TIG welded and that we would send me another frame.. so I got it welded at a shop by a journeyman welder and rode it for another 6 weeks and the frame cracked again in the same place but so bad that it couldn’t be welded and I messaged Marino and told him and he reply that cuz of COVID production was halted, cool I get that the world has stopped for a while and he said that end of June he would be back in business and my frame would be 1st in line.... we are now in September and I still haven’t received my replacement my messages go unanswered and I’m highly doubting my frame is coming he pretty much took $1000 bucks and ran.. I had a chromag stylus before I beat the shit out of that bike and rode it hard and never had a issues.. so I’m not sure if he used shit tubing or the welds were sub par but now I have a $1000 chunk of scrap metal And he’s $1000 richer and I guess you get what you pay for. I’m sure there are stories out there about how great his frames are but this is mine on how I got a lemon and he won’t do anything to make it right.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005004
Mobile Version of Website