Marin Alcatraz build out..... Help!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marin Alcatraz build out..... Help!
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 6:42 Quote
allday wrote:
FanGar wrote:
Ok guys the steam finally arrived...... How much should I cut the steer tube? Most likely I will have a shop do it I'm just trying to avoid dragging the frame to the shop.

[/PI]

That is totally up to your preference. If you leave more room, you can raise the stem/total height of the front end by putting spacers on the bottom.

And after you’ve set the height, measure the total length of the steerer tube that you want left and tell the shop to cut it accordingly

Thanks I didn’t know if there was an actually size I should cut the tube. Talk to a shop they charge $20 bucks to cut, install the start nut and the vein race. Might as well let them do it.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
FanGar wrote:
allday wrote:
FanGar wrote:
Ok guys the steam finally arrived...... How much should I cut the steer tube? Most likely I will have a shop do it I'm just trying to avoid dragging the frame to the shop.

[/PI]

That is totally up to your preference. If you leave more room, you can raise the stem/total height of the front end by putting spacers on the bottom.

And after you’ve set the height, measure the total length of the steerer tube that you want left and tell the shop to cut it accordingly

Thanks I didn’t know if there was an actually size I should cut the tube. Talk to a shop they charge $20 bucks to cut, install the start nut and the vein race. Might as well let them do it.

Yeah I think that price is standard and for the shop equipment you’d need for those things, I’d say it’s a good call.

And keep in mind you can always cover a longer steer tube with spacers on top/below stem, but can’t do much with a steerer that’s too short!
Cheers

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
Got the fork cut with luck I will finish next week.!!

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:11 Quote
Ok guys got Just got this Spank Spoons 32 in. Its really hard to find wheels right now so I just snag this ones, since the spoons are not recommended as tubeless wheels has anybody tried doing so?

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
FanGar wrote:
Ok guys got Just got this Spank Spoons 32 in. Its really hard to find wheels right now so I just snag this ones, since the spoons are not recommended as tubeless wheels has anybody tried doing so?

I would stick to tubed for DJ

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:39 Quote
Just run tubes in it. Unless you pinch flat by casing all the time you don't need tubeless.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
Just run tubes in it. Unless you pinch flat by casing all the time you don't need tubeless.

Thank you! Thats the way I'm going.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
BUILD DAY IS HERE!!!!!!
Build Day

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 9:54 Quote
Jealous! Looks awesome.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
Wow! Gonna look sweet!

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
Quote="Xanderxcl"]Jealous! Looks awesome.[/Quote]

pnwshreddin wrote:
Wow! Gonna look sweet!

Thanks guys.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 16:46 Quote
Just popped in to say... Man Alcatraz had a massive upgrade since I was last there in the 40's... No need to escape from this one though lol .

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
Just popped in to say... Man Alcatraz had a massive upgrade since I was last there in the 40's... No need to escape from this one though lol .

Almost done but there was a delay in two parts the seat post and the front wheel end caps.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007746
Mobile Version of Website