Rock Shox Reverb creaking

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rock Shox Reverb creaking
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 1:00 Quote
My 2019 Rock Shox Reverb is creaking. Narrowed it down to this after countless hours on my ‘19 Santa Cruz Bronson. Have replaced the seat clamp with a factory rock shox seat clamp, tried multiple seatpost collars, as well as taking apart cleaning/greasing all parts. Replaced seat also.

Have had Santa Cruz bikes for 15 years now def not the pivots. Have troubleshot these as well. Believe it is play in seatpost due to wear and tear but only a year old so pretty lame IMO.

Anyone having this issue?

Probably 60-70 hours riding with regular maintenance on bike, although am pretty bad recounting hours.

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 7:03 Quote
Hey there,

I've run a reverb post on a few different bikes over the years and can't say I've ever had one develop a creak. Based on your post, I would turn my attention to the saddle rails. A lot of saddles develop a creak where the rails enter the saddle body. On some saddles you can easily remove the rails, clean them and lube with anti seize or other dry lube. If the rails are not easily removeable, stand the saddle on end and drip a little dry chain lube in there. Let it set for a bit and then reinstall.

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
Good advice man, I’ll try this, just about the only thing I didn’t try.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004470
Mobile Version of Website