Hightower R build or S build

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Hightower R build or S build
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
My LBS has a Hightower C R build in the shop right now and I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on it. I've been wanting the C S build but they are on back order for awhile and I want to be able to get some rides in before the wet season. The reason I am considering the R build is because I can upgrade to the reserve carbon wheels for almost the same price as the S, and next season upgrade the suspension to Fox factory 36, and fox factory dpx2. Anyone have thoughts on the stock shock that come on the R build? its a fox dps performace, thats really the only component I dont like on the build everything else I can live with. Let me hear some thoughts and opinions thanks!

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 20:50 Quote
Personally I would just buy the frame and build it up instead of buying parts you don't want, and trying to sell if at all possible.

I went with the C R kit, and wish I went frame only.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 18:10 Quote
Gooey wrote:
My LBS has a Hightower C R build in the shop right now and I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on it. I've been wanting the C S build but they are on back order for awhile and I want to be able to get some rides in before the wet season. The reason I am considering the R build is because I can upgrade to the reserve carbon wheels for almost the same price as the S, and next season upgrade the suspension to Fox factory 36, and fox factory dpx2. Anyone have thoughts on the stock shock that come on the R build? its a fox dps performace, thats really the only component I dont like on the build everything else I can live with. Let me hear some thoughts and opinions thanks!

I can see you are still impatient! (#metoo)

For me, as you know, I decided to wait for the build I wanted. I would take the S any day over the R. I like the 36 over the Yari. I like the super deluxe select+ over the DPS. I like the GX over the NX. I like the 370s over the MTH hubs and the raceface over the WTB rims. I like the Stealth dropper (the new version is much better than the old).

Yea, pretty much worth the wait for the S in my opinion. Maybe upgrading the wheels makes that moot, but I would take an S build any day. BUT, you also know I am a snob and spent WAYYY too much on mine!

Unless you just want me to tell you to just go for it. In that case, go for it.

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 15:04 Quote
I got tired of waiting for a frame and bought the r build complete bike. I stripped it and only used the frame, fork and shock. Fork got the 2.1 charger kit. I really hate to buy complete bikes but i could not get a eta on a frame so took what i could find. Had to do same with my Chameleon. I have a lot of spare parts....

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010215
Mobile Version of Website