Leaked NukeProof Giga

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Leaked NukeProof Giga
Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
No and I saw one on another forum where an employee of Nukeproof piped up. He said the photos of the Giga that got leaked were renderings and it’s not a real bike yet. No way it will get released in Jan.

I think he’s lying though.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
jaame wrote:
There is certinly some blur between models in a lot of catalogues.

I would guess the Mega is your all day enduro race bike, decent at pedalling and probably a bit lighter.
The Giga is more like a mini-Dissent. Perhaps a bit heavier, slighty compromised pedalling in order to deliver a more supple suspension action.

Yeah I think you are right, the Giga will be 180/180, the mega is 165/170. This will be a park/freeride kind of bike, better going down, but can still pedal if needs be, just not as good as the Mega

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 3:05 Quote
My guess is december for release

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
I hope there is an alloy one at launch as well as carbon. Nukeproof seem to have done well with alloy bikes previously so I think it’s a good bet there will be.

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
jaame wrote:
I hope there is an alloy one at launch as well as carbon. Nukeproof seem to have done well with alloy bikes previously so I think it’s a good bet there will be.

New mega has a alu version, probably giga will have it too

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
jaame wrote:

If it's going to be a park bike or freeride bike they're gonna need to make it alloy

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
Saw in a forum that they are saying there will be no aluminium

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 2:59 Quote
Holy shit! Elite is so sweet!

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
jaame wrote:
Holy shit! Elite is so sweet!

I think the elite is the sweet spot in the mega range. You get the Carbon frame, SLX brakes, which are the same as XT and XTR just a bit heavier and without the freestroke screw which does nothing anyway. SLX gearing is the same as the higher groupsets too, just heavier. And you get the fox Performance Elite fork and shock, which is the same as the factory stuff just without the Kashima, its £1000 less than the factory bike too.

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 4:14 Quote
price will be around 5k mark for elite i guess, mega elite is 4700

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 5:18 Quote
9th december for release date(?)

photo

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 5:25 Quote
How did you get the Geo chart? I did see a rumour that december would be the release of this bike.

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 5:30 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
How did you get the Geo chart? I did see a rumour that december would be the release of this bike.

Saw on a forum

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
It’s a nice looking bike. Still want to see the new Capra before I make a decision. Capra, Giga, or Specsh Enduro

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020301
Mobile Version of Website