New to forum and vary green to mtb need expert opinions

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
New to forum and vary green to mtb need expert opinions
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 18:54 Quote
Hey guys vary new to mtb know a bit but just enough to get into trouble lol . I’m looking at getting a 27.5+ rigid frame mtb for riding a lot of off trail stuff mostly sandy conditions I’m looking at something under 2000 Canadian but there’s like 100 options where do I start ? I’m 6 feet tall 220lbs . Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Oct 4, 2020 at 22:00 Quote
Bohunter wrote:
Hey guys vary new to mtb know a bit but just enough to get into trouble lol . I’m looking at getting a 27.5+ rigid frame mtb for riding a lot of off trail stuff mostly sandy conditions I’m looking at something under 2000 Canadian but there’s like 100 options where do I start ? I’m 6 feet tall 220lbs . Any help would be appreciated.

With 2k, you have 2 options. 1) Buy a bike that will compromise in many areas (suspension and drive train mainly) or 2) Buy a used bike that may have some ware on it but has components originally worth up to 5k.

Option 1 may come with a warranty, which may or may not come into help. Option 2 comes with a lot of unknowns. If you don't know what to look for in a used bike, this route may be dangerous. Do some research.

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 18:11 Quote
Bohunter wrote:

Personally do you have any friends into mtbing this will help especially if they build or repair their own rigs, they can help you a lot wit MTB selection, i know when i started out i didnt have that much to start with and had no friends to help so i wasted a whole bunch of cash.
is there a local riding group they will definitely help, watch some tutorials online about buying a MTB and what to watch for and whether you buy new or used make sure you have these points written down as a reference. I'm not sure on prices in Canada but 2k (about £1500 UK) will buy you a pretty decent used bike with some nice components. If you buy new for that price at least you will get out riding and if your pretty new to all this then you should be good to at least get out the door, the cheaper components can be replaced as you go over time if like you said your new to this then you shouldnt be riding so hard your wrecking all the parts on the trail. most important thing is, make sure its a good frame, thats the bare bones of a bike a good frame can be brought up to speed as you riding improves, sorry i havent given you a list of bikes to chose from but if you go on Ytube you'll see a whole host of trail specific bikes, watch Berm Creek on the tube as Seth is a genius an builds up lots of hard tails.... worth a watch

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 18:22 Quote
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/fathom-1-2021

gidde-up

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
Bohunter wrote:
YT and commencal have a lot of really reasonable options. And the new Norco is beautiful. It all depends on your riding style. If you tend to gravitate towards the jumps and fun stuff, you'll probably want more than 150mm with 650b wheels.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004756
Mobile Version of Website