Help me with my RS Revelation RC!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help me with my RS Revelation RC!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
I need to service three forks in my family fleet and when I heard the pricetag at LBS I decided to see if I could figure it out myself...

1. When I pulled out the moco damper on my 2018 Revelation, I found that the seals at the bottom of the damper just stayed in the stanchion, rather than coming out with the rest of the unit. So I'm assuming it's broken, ya? The motion control had stopped working a few rides prior, it was just stuck in open setting, but also only traveling about 50 cm (out of 150)

2. Second question, I also have a 2018 pike, same travel. Can I just take the charger damper from my pike and put it in the revelation? The suspension is way better in the pike, although the lockout is not as stiff as the moco, which I really like bc that bike is a SS hardtail and I need to mash the bars on climbs.

3. Assuming I can't just use a pike charger damper, where can I get either a moco or charger damper for the revelation, I can't find either one online anywhere?

Thanks so much.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 20:16 Quote
Anyone worked on a Revelation RC or Moco damper?

elcam wrote:
I need to service three forks in my family fleet and when I heard the pricetag at LBS I decided to see if I could figure it out myself...

1. When I pulled out the moco damper on my 2018 Revelation, I found that the seals at the bottom of the damper just stayed in the stanchion, rather than coming out with the rest of the unit. So I'm assuming it's broken, ya? The motion control had stopped working a few rides prior, it was just stuck in open setting, but also only traveling about 50 cm (out of 150)

2. Second question, I also have a 2018 pike, same travel. Can I just take the charger damper from my pike and put it in the revelation? The suspension is way better in the pike, although the lockout is not as stiff as the moco, which I really like bc that bike is a SS hardtail and I need to mash the bars on climbs.

3. Assuming I can't just use a pike charger damper, where can I get either a moco or charger damper for the revelation, I can't find either one online anywhere?

Thanks so much.

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 1:28 Quote
Start here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen.0000000005294_2018_pike_revelation_service_manual_english_rev_c.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj39fPGr4HsAhXSURUIHdn2Dx8QFjACegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw33_hpLfmlk-tsxU4HPr064

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
That did the trick, thanks! Pretty cheap way to upgrade a used rev to an RCT3 Pike, glad I didn't go off looking for a new fork.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006606
Mobile Version of Website