Banshee Prime review

PB Forum :: Other
Banshee Prime review
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 6:00 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
im assuming that youre using shimano brakes given the 203mm rotor size.
I had the issue on a prime, and then on my titan with both Zees and XT 4 pistons. I even tried swapping the dropouts from my phantom to see if it changed anything but no, tried putting rubber where the brake hose attaches to the frame as well with no positive result. the 180mm rotor solved it but i need brake power so eventually i bought some gold MTX pads (im sure the red ones do the same thing). No more noise, for the last two-ish months.

i hear that you can also help to resolve the issue by cleaning your brake calipers specifically around the pistons.

You're close! I'm running Dominion A4's with 203 rotors and Shimano mounting hardware. I'll see if I can clean up the rotors and calipers and give the pads a quick sand. If that doesn't solve it I'll move to the pads to mentioned and see if that works. Thanks for the feedback!

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
I had the issue on a prime, and then on my titan with both Zees and XT 4 pistons. I even tried swapping the dropouts from my phantom to see if it changed anything but no, tried putting rubber where the brake hose attaches to the frame as well with no positive result. the 180mm rotor solved it but i need brake power so eventually i bought some gold MTX pads (im sure the red ones do the same thing). No more noise, for the last two-ish months.

i hear that you can also help to resolve the issue by cleaning your brake calipers specifically around the pistons.

You're close! I'm running Dominion A4's with 203 rotors and Shimano mounting hardware. I'll see if I can clean up the rotors and calipers and give the pads a quick sand. If that doesn't solve it I'll move to the pads to mentioned and see if that works. Thanks for the feedback!

Ahh i remember Keith from Banshee specifically mentioned the dominions having that issue with the pistons not being lubricated enough.

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Ahh i remember Keith from Banshee specifically mentioned the dominions having that issue with the pistons not being lubricated enough.

I've now found some other forums with this. It sounds like I can start by adding a drop of DOT around the pistons.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
Swapped everything over from the Alpine Trail to the Titan minus the fork and we needed a longer rear brake line. The head tube on the Banshee is long enough that I was not comfortable using the Helm I had as I had cut it down to allow for the Copperhead stem and 20mm of spacers. We had a new take off Z1 that will do the duty for now.

If I love it I'll swap the Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil over.

She gets the shakedown tomorrow before the Thanksgiving meal.
Banshee Titan

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008426
Mobile Version of Website