Transition Spur

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spur
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
Why has no one started a Spur thread? Got mine in early August and have never been so smitten with any other bike I have owned. Transition Scout V1 was my all time favorite.....Spur is now my all time favorite!!!!

photo

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
I'll join this party! Mine just showed up last week.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

FL
Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 21:32 Quote
this bike looks sooo good

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
I am getting mine on Friday! I was just about to leave to go slap some money down on a new one. I had the cash in my pocket. I honestly didn't expect on to come up on PB but I checked just before I left and found an XL. After a short talk with the owner, I bought it....now I don't have to wait unitl April.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
Completely in love with mine, as well. This thing definitely rips, and I haven't found many limits yet.

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
Continues to amaze!

photo

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 4:29 Quote
ruffm wrote:
I am getting mine on Friday! I was just about to leave to go slap some money down on a new one. I had the cash in my pocket. I honestly didn't expect on to come up on PB but I checked just before I left and found an XL. After a short talk with the owner, I bought it....now I don't have to wait unitl April.

You bought the same XL X01 build before I could grab it. I even exchanged emails with the owner, said it had about 45 miles and sounded pristine. I was kicking myself for not buying that same bike. I say your posts on the MTBr thread and knew it was the same bike. I got lucky and found a brand new XL GX build on Craigslist here in the Bay Area for $4,500, someone bought the Spur and a Yeti SB115 and kept the Yeti. I lucked out. I am currently building it up the way I want it. Cheers!

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
some very nice bikes above , ill add mine into the ring , just finished this beauty today

transition spur custom build

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
scblurlt wrote:
some very nice bikes above , ill add mine into the ring , just finished this beauty today

what's that weigh with that build?

FL
Posted: Dec 21, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Did anybody have problems feeding the cable housing through the chainstay?

Mine seems to be blocked. It's not just the bend.

That is no 5mm through hole.

Not as soft as it might look.

FL
Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 8:21 Quote
Fixed and finished.

photo

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
Just applied some new decals on mine for a little more matchy-matchy

photo

Posted: Jan 7, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
3 months in on my spur now , and still cant quite believe how good this bike is , have now had chance to ride it on all but the roughest terrain and in every condition the British winter can throw at you , all my riding buddies equally impressed when I let them have a spin , but today was its finest hour so far, cleaned a tough tech climb. for the first time then dropped my mate on his e bike up and down a loop of our woods , not a single issue to report , not touched the. suspension after initial set up

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
Has anybody experimented with beefier suspension on one of these yet? A rear shock with a bit more support ((dpx2 or superdeluxe ult) not sure if there would be clearance issues)) and a more stout fork with 140mm travel (like a helm mk2)? I'm super interested in building up one of these frames. I ride mostly enduro style trails, but coming from a bmx background I really like to play around and throw the bike wherever. I'm a pretty smooth rider, but some of the trails I ride have 20-40ft jumps still. It isn't the travel numbers that worry me on this, more so just the level of support I would need to ride said trails with this little suspension. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Cheers!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021431
Mobile Version of Website