Transition Spur

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spur
Author Message
Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
lassemj wrote:
Hi guys

I'm living in Denmark which is a country with dull trails and no mountains. I currently ride a YT Jeffsy but since I spend so much time riding easier trails Im thinking about getting a bike with less travel. I really think the Spur would be a good fit for the danish trails, but Im not sure if its capable enough to bring to the alps or B.C. How capable would you say the bike is?
I want to be able to ride all the black and double black trails like I can on my Jeffsy - but is it realistic?

Cheers!
Lasse

Depends on the type of trail you're looking to ride in the Alps. I use to ride there and based on my experience for the type of trails I was riding (single tracks and fire roads, big long climbs and flowy descents) the Spur will be a blast.

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
While I'm at it here's a pict of my Spur (happy owner since April 2021).
GX build with the following mods:
- Stylo carbon crank
- One Up carbon bar
- I9 stem
- Roval Control Carbon 29
Current weight with everything: 11.45 kg/25.3 lbs
Changes to come: X01 AXS derailleur, XO1 cassette


Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
Light and classy. Great bike!
I should weigh mine..

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 4:21 Quote
Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of a medium Gx build and love this bike. I want to put and oval chainring on for climbing as have a weak hip. Any idea on the fit and offset I need? Everything is factory standard on the bike.

Cheers!

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of a medium Gx build and love this bike. I want to put and oval chainring on for climbing as have a weak hip. Any idea on the fit and offset I need? Everything is factory standard on the bike.

Cheers!

check out the one up oval chain ring , I put one an my sentinel and its ace , the spider allows you to change size very easily

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 0:29 Quote
bdestena wrote:
lassemj wrote:
Hi guys

I'm living in Denmark which is a country with dull trails and no mountains. I currently ride a YT Jeffsy but since I spend so much time riding easier trails Im thinking about getting a bike with less travel. I really think the Spur would be a good fit for the danish trails, but Im not sure if its capable enough to bring to the alps or B.C. How capable would you say the bike is?
I want to be able to ride all the black and double black trails like I can on my Jeffsy - but is it realistic?

Cheers!
Lasse

Depends on the type of trail you're looking to ride in the Alps. I use to ride there and based on my experience for the type of trails I was riding (single tracks and fire roads, big long climbs and flowy descents) the Spur will be a blast.

pretty much everything from blue flows trails to World Cup DH trails

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 0:49 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of a medium Gx build and love this bike. I want to put and oval chainring on for climbing as have a weak hip. Any idea on the fit and offset I need? Everything is factory standard on the bike.

Cheers!

If you decide to go for a 34t oval chainring, there might be clearance issues.
A 36t boost chainring does not clear reliably.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
lassemj wrote:
bdestena wrote:
lassemj wrote:
Hi guys

I'm living in Denmark which is a country with dull trails and no mountains. I currently ride a YT Jeffsy but since I spend so much time riding easier trails Im thinking about getting a bike with less travel. I really think the Spur would be a good fit for the danish trails, but Im not sure if its capable enough to bring to the alps or B.C. How capable would you say the bike is?
I want to be able to ride all the black and double black trails like I can on my Jeffsy - but is it realistic?

Cheers!
Lasse

Depends on the type of trail you're looking to ride in the Alps. I use to ride there and based on my experience for the type of trails I was riding (single tracks and fire roads, big long climbs and flowy descents) the Spur will be a blast.

pretty much everything from blue flows trails to World Cup DH trails

you will probably run out of bike on WCDH but blue flow is the spur's area of expertise.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
Couple of questions for fellow Spur owners;

- Anyone running a 2.5" width tyre up front? I am after some more grip and looking at the 2.5 Assegai however I see on Transitions website the say max size 2.4?

- I am looking for a bolt on bag to carry multi tool and few bits and pieces, any recommendations?

Cheers

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
Couple of questions for fellow Spur owners;

- Anyone running a 2.5" width tyre up front? I am after some more grip and looking at the 2.5 Assegai however I see on Transitions website the say max size 2.4?

- I am looking for a bolt on bag to carry multi tool and few bits and pieces, any recommendations?

Cheers

tire size maximum is for the rear. front tire max depends on your fork.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
Max tire size refers to rear. I ran 2.5 Tioga Edge 22 up front no problem. Assegai is pretty burly for the Spur but I'm sure it'll fit. Dissector might be a better choice as it grips great.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
meSSican wrote:
Max tire size refers to rear. I ran 2.5 Tioga Edge 22 up front no problem. Assegai is pretty burly for the Spur but I'm sure it'll fit. Dissector might be a better choice as it grips great.

Cheers! Heading into the UK winter so wet roots and mud, need all the grip I can get!

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
meSSican wrote:
Max tire size refers to rear. I ran 2.5 Tioga Edge 22 up front no problem. Assegai is pretty burly for the Spur but I'm sure it'll fit. Dissector might be a better choice as it grips great.

Cheers! Heading into the UK winter so wet roots and mud, need all the grip I can get!

dissector not a good uk front tyre choice ok on the rear , dhf or aggasai will be great for the slop

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
DHR2 seems to me to be better in the slop than DHF. Clears much better. I like it front and rear.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
DHR2 seems to me to be better in the slop than DHF. Clears much better. I like it front and rear.

good choice too


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007987
Mobile Version of Website