Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2023 at 8:41 Quote
Demoed an Druid v2 S3 from my buddies shop last week, and I gotta say WOW.

First time on a high pivot bike and I definitely understand the hype. Got me seriously thinking about building one up with a 160 fork and burly tires for my enduro race bike next year. Took a bit to figure out the weight balance but I loved the way it returned energy out of corners, probably the best bike I've ridden for suspension performance while on the brakes. Sounds cliche but it almost felt similar to my Spire through rough sections, much more responsive pumping and yanking for jumps too.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 7:54 Quote
Does anyone have a source for a new idler?? I’m sure I’m not the only one in need of a replacement and they seem to be in short supply. Thx

Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 7:57 Quote
North Shore Billet is supposed to be dropping there own within the next few days and I love their products!

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 7:45 Quote
Okay I think I have scene some information before on this. Is the cascade lower guide worth the $200

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 7:53 Quote
rsmisko wrote:
Okay I think I have scene some information before on this. Is the cascade lower guide worth the $200

If you find the bike is lacking support after playing with shock settings it does make a difference.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 7:57 Quote
DRAmuir wrote:
rsmisko wrote:

If you find the bike is lacking support after playing with shock settings it does make a difference.

I guess I should have been more specific I was talking about the lower chain guide to get rid of the e13

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 9:14 Quote
rsmisko wrote:
DRAmuir wrote:
rsmisko wrote:

I guess I should have been more specific I was talking about the lower chain guide to get rid of the e13

Samsonite - I was way off....

Posted: Oct 3, 2023 at 8:36 Quote
rsmisko wrote:
DRAmuir wrote:
rsmisko wrote:

You do drop the chain every once and a while without the lower guide.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2023 at 10:12 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
rsmisko wrote:
DRAmuir wrote:

The cascade guide / bash guard blocks the chain from being able to come off the chainring. I put one on my dreadnought shortly after getting it and have had zero dropped chains. I really like mine. If you install it you will likely have to remove one full link from your chain and readjust b tension due to the shorter chain path without the E13.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2023 at 13:16 Quote
HooperAK wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
rsmisko wrote:

The cascade guide / bash guard blocks the chain from being able to come off the chainring. I put one on my dreadnought shortly after getting it and have had zero dropped chains. I really like mine. If you install it you will likely have to remove one full link from your chain and readjust b tension due to the shorter chain path without the E13.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have less chain wrap? do you notice your burning through Idler's faster?

Posted: Oct 20, 2023 at 14:14 Quote
Being 5'7 with +2" ape index would you guys recommend me a s1 or s2? Would be going full 29."

Previously I was on M sb130lr and I was fine.

Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 16:00 Quote
Just got my Druid V2 all built up. Unfortunately there's snow on the trails and it's raining, so no first ride yet. Taking a trip to Bellingham soon to put this thing through it's paces

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzKMm_lrC-F/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Posted: Dec 6, 2023 at 11:26 Quote
Just posting on here as trying to decide what frame to get.

Just about to sell my alloy Sentinel 2022 frame I think - assuming it goes through this week. Love the way it rides but want something lighter and maybe new and shiny to me.

I’ve found a 2nd hand carbon Sentinel which is probably my first choice, but I’ve also found a Druid v1 and Dreadnought. Both the forbiddens are new - one with warranty and one without.

I’m on a medium sentinel - running with a cascade link and coil some of the time - and cascade with float x when I fancy a bit lighter : more pop.

Looking at either a medium v1 druid or medium dreadnought. I suspect the dreadnought is too much bike and maybe glued to the floor too much - but the colour is a thing of beauty (the blue and pink one).

Druid is the bluey / grey sort of colour with a fox dpx2.

How do people find the Druid v1 for:

‘Poppyness’ - as the chainstays lengthen as you load the rear suspension does it make it hard to manual / bunny hop / jump etc?

Maintenance - I’m in the uk and see lots of mud - is it a real pain keeping the drivetrain / idlers running properly?

Any other common issues?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Dec 6, 2023 at 11:46 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
Just posting on here as trying to decide what frame to get.

Just about to sell my alloy Sentinel 2022 frame I think - assuming it goes through this week. Love the way it rides but want something lighter and maybe new and shiny to me.

I’ve found a 2nd hand carbon Sentinel which is probably my first choice, but I’ve also found a Druid v1 and Dreadnought. Both the forbiddens are new - one with warranty and one without.

I’m on a medium sentinel - running with a cascade link and coil some of the time - and cascade with float x when I fancy a bit lighter : more pop.

Looking at either a medium v1 druid or medium dreadnought. I suspect the dreadnought is too much bike and maybe glued to the floor too much - but the colour is a thing of beauty (the blue and pink one).

Druid is the bluey / grey sort of colour with a fox dpx2.

How do people find the Druid v1 for:

‘Poppyness’ - as the chainstays lengthen as you load the rear suspension does it make it hard to manual / bunny hop / jump etc?

Maintenance - I’m in the uk and see lots of mud - is it a real pain keeping the drivetrain / idlers running properly?

Any other common issues?

Thanks in advance

I've heard of people complaining about lack of pop on the Druid. I think it depends on if you actually know how to bunny hop a bike proper or if you solely rely on suspension/pre-load to get the bike in the air... I pop/jib around with no problems on the Druid. Dreadnought will be super planted and would feel less playful and more like a monster truck. In terms of maintenance, my drivetrain does fine I just clean it off after mucky rides and keep it lubed. My only complaint is that the pivots on my Druid are some of the creakiest I've ever owned... I also clean the shit out of my bike all the time and perform half-ass so that's why... all plastic bikes develop creaks after a while. I live in an area in the PNW where the dirt is typically mucky peanut butter or bone dry moon dust.

Posted: Dec 6, 2023 at 12:08 Quote
Thanks - so maybe the manual / pop thing on the Druid is a non issue. I tend to manual (when I’m properly thinking about it) without relying on preloading the fork / preloading rear suspension to bunny hop. When I’m not thinking I probably get a bit lazy and use the suspension a bit.

Creaks irritate the bell out of me - my sentinel is broadly silent most of the time. Occasionally needs a few pivots dismantling and cleaning but that’s very infrequent. Bearings have all been fairly easy to change etc.

I run a top guide on the drivetrain and never lost a chain yet.

Food for thought.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008431
Mobile Version of Website