Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
175psi. I weigh 185 geared up.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
Update; pulled the shock, opened it up, volume spacer was installed incorrectly (not clipped into the top but below the shim and o-ring) pulled the volume spacer and going to just try it without one for now.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 14:10 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Update; pulled the shock, opened it up, volume spacer was installed incorrectly (not clipped into the top but below the shim and o-ring) pulled the volume spacer and going to just try it without one for now.

Hopefully that helps. I didn't think my experience with the Druid was transformative, but it was still pretty good for 130 mm of travel.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
I felt the move to a coil shock, instead of the DPX2, on the Druid made a big difference. But that is not for everyone, and moving to a more DH focus air shock may have a similar effect.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
DRAmuir wrote:
I felt the move to a coil shock, instead of the DPX2, on the Druid made a big difference. But that is not for everyone, and moving to a more DH focus air shock may have a similar effect.

Agreed. It was a game changer for me as I felt the DHX2 handled repeated hits much better and the frame's built-in progression kept my legs feeling fresh.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 12:49 Quote
I have a big bike as it is so i was trying to keep the druid as more of a trail bike. its definitely a trail bike, although i can understand why folks put coils/anglesets/160mm forks on theirs. But yeah 130mm is 130mm, it doesnt seem to handle chunk significantly better than other 130mm bikes. the one spot i noticed it is better than other bikes is in corners, i think the lengthening chainstay provides all kinds of grip. also it climbs surprisingly well, even on steep roads.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 7:27 Quote
Who's using the Cascade Lower Guide? Thoughts? Reviews?

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 10:34 Quote
i'm going to order one so i'll let you know how it is in a month or so.

Anyone pulled a negative volume spacer out of their dpx2? Its the red spacer that you find when removing the whole air can. I feel like that will improve initial suppleness and mid stroke support.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2023 at 17:39 Quote
Who’s gonna spill the beans on the next version of the Druid—a new one has got to be showing up soon.

Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 2:27 Quote
My Druid.
Mullet set up. C1 Cascade link arrived yesterday so will be running it 160/140 travel.

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2023 at 8:04 Quote
Sweet! How is the 160 fork?

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 0:32 Quote
Yeah its mint. My local trails are are very rooty with some very steep chunky sections.
They've got the MRP Ramp control fitted so i've got on the fly ramp-up adjustment too

I'm very keen once the Cascade link is fitted to get a coil shock to test out too

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 0:23 Quote
Hi Guys,

not sure because the size...
I'm 5'10 (178cm) with a short upper Body.
Current I ride a Transition Patrol, size Large with a 42mm stem.
For my feeling it's a bit to long.
The Druid in size medium has 40mm shorter reach but the same totube.
In size Large the toptube is 24mm longer and I think it's much to long.
What size I have to pick?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 12:22 Quote
I tested an XL and found it totally fine. I found the druids to be a tad on the short side to begin with. I rode an L sentinel before that. I would say it depends on your body geometry too.

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 15:33 Quote
What is your ape index? (Arm width to height ratio).

I found the large Druid too tight at 6'1, knees closer to the shifters than I liked. It has a steeper seat tube angle that you will feel immediately from the patrol.

Reach number you can 'change' somewhat with a different stem, but top tube is fixed. Id try the medium Druid with a slightly longer stem.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038542
Mobile Version of Website