Tracer Chainline Issues

PB Forum :: Intense
Tracer Chainline Issues
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
Hi Folks
Just built up a 2018 Tracer CF frame. Very nice!
Having issues with the chainline. It has a PF92 BB and RaceFace Cinch cranks. RF swear blind that the 134 spindle should give the correct chainline but is more like 48mm. It’s not possible to fit a One Up top guide mount on the tabs - not enough space. I’ve flipped the DM ring and can now fit the the top guide. The chainline is now too high at 55. Seems to work fine though. However the crank arm is clipping the top guide now - no spacers.
Not sure what to do!

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
robguide wrote:
Hi Folks
Just built up a 2018 Tracer CF frame. Very nice!
Having issues with the chainline. It has a PF92 BB and RaceFace Cinch cranks. RF swear blind that the 134 spindle should give the correct chainline but is more like 48mm. It’s not possible to fit a One Up top guide mount on the tabs - not enough space. I’ve flipped the DM ring and can now fit the the top guide. The chainline is now too high at 55. Seems to work fine though. However the crank arm is clipping the top guide now - no spacers.
Not sure what to do!
I have a 2018 Tracer with Race Face Cinch Turbine cranks, OneUp chainguide, Wolftooth CAMO spider and stainless oval ring. Works fine. I'll have to measure my spindle length - I used the same crank on my 2014 Tracer 275 without an issue with the same chain guide.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 0:40 Quote
Problem seems to be solved using spindle spacers. Didn’t realise they were a thing

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.004626
Mobile Version of Website