Legit? Top Tier Cycles in Gainesville, FL

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Legit? Top Tier Cycles in Gainesville, FL
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
Is Top Tier Cycles in Gainesville, FL legit? Looking at a bike they posted for sale, but not finding an obvious website online so wondering if they are legit. TIA.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 6:06 Quote
Hey there! Will Herring here. Owner of Top Tier. Yeah! We're legit! Still building our website. We sell bikes on a bunch of different sites already so haven't really had to build our own. Feel free to give us a ring and we can answer any questions you have!

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 6:06 Quote
Hey wait! I recognize your name! We got you on a ride! That's awesome!

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
Pmfaltin wrote:
Is Top Tier Cycles in Gainesville, FL legit? Looking at a bike they posted for sale, but not finding an obvious website online so wondering if they are legit. TIA.

They are not legit- they screwed me out of $2,200 on eBay

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 6:10 Quote
Gatorgirl2000 wrote:
Pmfaltin wrote:

They are not legit- they screwed me out of $2,200 on eBay

Hey Oma! (GatorGirl) We didn't screw you out of anything. You opened and CLOSED the return on ebay by your own decsion. At that point, we were unable to take the return because you voluntarily closed the return on your own. We offered to take the return outside of ebay, (minus the fees that ebay would keep) and we never heard back from you. You have our number if you were looking to go that route. In the meantime, enjoy the bike!

O+
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
Not legit. DO NOT do business with Will from top tier. He sent me a trek emonda with a completely cracked seat tube. It was so obvious, it was the first thing I saw when I opened the box. He claimed it happened in shipping. I checked every packing paper from the box for the missing carbon chip in the seatpost. Nothing!

I said I wanted a refund, and would even pay for the shipping. When he got the bike he claimed it was damaged (I used his same packing material and some and packed it very carefully). I paid $5000 for the bike he sent me back $4200.

Dont do business with top tier. They cant be trusted.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 15:43 Quote
Mike, thanks for the post. We gladly took the return and we’re glad to do so. We were happy to do a free return, with a full refund. As we always do for serious things like carbon concerns.

Unfortunately, you chose to pack a $5,000 bike by yourself instead of paying a shop to do it. When we got the bike back, you didn’t wrap the bars or the fork properly and the shifter punched into the fork, causing carbon damage that we are still currently having repaired.

When you make a return, you are responsible for returning it in the same condition. Next time, don’t be scared to have a professional pack it for $50 instead of trying to save money on the packing, when it comes to a such an expensive $5,000 bike.

We backed out the repair cost for the additional carbon damage that you were responsible for, and otherwise gave you a full refund.

Best of luck with your bike search.

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
Ya know, if Mike is correct that you sent him a damaged frame without disclosing the damage, then it's kind of shitty of you not to give him all his money back. He's already wasted the time and money of sending the bike back to you. I say this as somebody who works at a bike shop. I would be mortified if I accidentally sent somebody a broken frame.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 17:03 Quote
Barp, we felt that it was most likely damaged on the way to him, the the box had impressions on it to indicate as such. It was the very top of the seatpost that had probably been dropped upside down or stacked on. The insurance actually agreed on such and we were approved for an insurance claim, meaning we probably didn’t sent out a broken bike, but was most likely damaged in transit.

But regardless, we offered a full refund and to pay for return shipping. Just needed him to get it boxed up. Buyer chose to do it himself and the bike was damaged on the way back to us because he didn’t package it well enough. we gave a full refund minus the cost of repair of the damages from him to us.

Here at Top Tier, we’re glad to take a return. Glad to pay for return shipping and glad to do a full refund it’s it’s something major like a carbon concern or mis-representation. But we do need it returned in the same condition as it arrived to the buyer. You can’t just throw a $5,000 bike in a box and hope for the best. Spend the money to have it packed professionally or take the time and effort to do it right.

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 17:27 Quote
Hmm, that's a tough one... Not as simple a case as it seemed at first glance.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 18:25 Quote
Buyer also left out a few details, like demanding to be refunded before he sent the bike back, threatening us, not wanting to wait for a professional carbon repair quote for the fork damage, etc.

We're here to help get people on rides at good values. That's all. We sell a few hundred rides a year, we're not out to get anyone. We take care of people. Unfortunately, bad reviews often leave out those kind of details.

Thanks for the chat barp.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 3:02 Quote
Threatened you????
What are you talking about?

Also I didn’t want a bike that needed the carbon repaired.

I am shocked by this response and the whole process of dealing with top tier.

I have no reason to make any of this up. A poster above also had issues dealing with top tier.

If you are reading this and are thinking of doing business with top tier cycles, DON’T!

O+
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 3:58 Quote
Mike, this happened 2 months ago. and I haven't heard from you since we sent you your refund. If you need something, call me man.

In response to what you've already said, no one wants a bike that needs carbon repair. That's why we took the return man. We took care of it.

I'll make this very clear. We have a pretty standard return policy. We accept free returns within a reasonable time if it's not as described, damaged, mis-respresented, or etc. If it's our mistake, shipping damage, or not as represented, it's on us. Once we get the bike back, we'll open it up, and see it in the condition it should be in, and send that refund out in full.

The poster above wanted a refund but refused to send us the bike back. You wanted a refund but didn't get it back to us in the condition that you received it in, and we backed out the cost of that. Hey, 2 unhappy customers out of over a thousand, that ain't a bad ratio.

I think the issue you're unhappy with, is not us, but that you didn't get your $750 back to cover the damages, and that sucks for both of us. It's 2 months later and that fork is still at my carbon guy being repaired. But, you're welcome to do an insurance claim for your $750 if you like and you can be made whole. Otherwise, I hope we have learned to leave sticking $5,000 bikes to the pro's :/

O+
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 4:08 Quote
You alleged I threatened you?
What is that about?

It was $800 I lost. You clearly sent a cracked frame thinking I would miss it.

Who is the pro?

I don’t really care, I just don’t want to see another person get ripped of by top tier.

Stay away if you are thinking of using them.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010530
Mobile Version of Website