Pro doesn’t work offline?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Pro doesn’t work offline?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 10:33 Quote
I bought pro about 2 weeks ago, everything seemed to work fine until I took it out on a trail today for the first time. I was in an area with no cell service and when I opened Trailforks I had the whole map blacked out except for my little square and I had the notice to “unlock the map by buying pro”. The full map worked when I got home and had service again. Does pro not work without cell service by design?

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 3:03 Quote
Great question, I would like to know too. What if I'll travel somewhere when won't have a cellphone service I can't use the app ? I would want to know more about how the app works in offline mode if even works (from the 1st post looks like not), not everywhere is service and not everybody paying for phone when they travel outside of their country.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
Here is what I have seen:
1) I tried to access the app as a pro user with no internet access and I got a message saying something like "trailforks has not connected to the internet in the last week, please connect to the internet to confirm your pro status" and I was not able to see trails. (I had not used the app in over a week)

2) I then connected to the internet opened the app and it loaded fine.

3) I then tested again in an area with no internet and it worked fine.

So it looks like if you go a week without using it you need to connect and auth your pro status again or it wont let you see trails.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
The app was having to verify your pro subscription at least once a week when online.

We've since changed this to 6 months. Of course if your app is offline you won't get any updates to the map or trails.

But 6 months should more than cover any backcountry or infrequent use cases.

I'm rolling out this update to Android now, the iOS update will be later this week hopefully.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004800
Mobile Version of Website