juicy ultimate lever body with code caliper

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
juicy ultimate lever body with code caliper
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
ive seen a lot of pro guys running this setup, the sunn team bikes for example. is there any advantage to running the ultimate lever body with the code caliper other than to shave off a few grams?

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
shaves wieght and looks very, very hot...... id kill for that brake setup!

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
i figured that was the only advantage.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
thatd be something to buy, the perfect brake for dh

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
Thats why avid came out with the coad 5's this year, saves weight and you still get the breaking of the 4 piston old style coad.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
i think that they made the code 5 so that it was cheaper, not lighter

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
dbalaux wrote:
i think that they made the code 5 so that it was cheaper, not lighter
Yes thats true too. World cup racers didn't like the bulky size of the coad leaver and loved the slimmer light size if the Juicy leavers. Then on the other hand, they loved the style and power of that coad caliper over the juicy. So the only smart thing to do would be to combine them into what the racers and people wanted. Thats now the coad 5.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
not many wc racer will be racing a code 5 setup, ultimate levers with code calipers are the way to go. itd be sick if they made a code 7 carbon if anyone can guess what that would be.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 23:39 Quote
The code 5 are a budget code brake, same code levers minus the reach adjustment feature, same calipers. Teh juicy ultimate/code combo is custom. You have to buy juicy ultimate levers and code calipers seperatly then combine the two.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
I am currently running this Ultimate lever with Code calipers (code 7) and I would love it if anyone could tell me where I can buy some carbon or aftermarket levers for my Ultimates...

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
I'm running Codes vanilla and been impressed so far, levers feel good up to par with my Hope M4, and far greater than the Juicy 5s I've used before, but I've not tried Carbon/Ultimates.

lance-h wrote:
I am currently running this Ultimate lever with Code calipers (code 7) and I would love it if anyone could tell me where I can buy some carbon or aftermarket levers for my Ultimates...

http://www.straitlinecomponents.com/products/levers.php

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
Thanks "Hwulex"

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010853
Mobile Version of Website