Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Previous Page |
Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 2:15 Quote
Propain Bikes has just released on 28/09/2020 the 2021 version of the Spindrift.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/bikes/freeride/spindrift/

So I guess a new thread is due.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 23:04 Quote
I couldn't avoid buying...TWO of them.

Got a 29er for me and a 27.5 for my gf.

Both should arrive mid november...sooooooooo stoked...

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 10:50 Quote
It looks amazing! I can't decide whether the spindrift would be overkill for UK riding, I would take it abroad aswell but I wouldn't want it to feel like a DH bike for UK bike parks!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
fontafox wrote:
I couldn't avoid buying...TWO of them.

Got a 29er for me and a 27.5 for my gf.

Both should arrive mid november...sooooooooo stoked...

Very nice! How do they climb? Especially the 29er. Is it fairly progressive?

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 2:57 Quote
I'm still waiting to receive them....it should be mid-November

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
joe-mcque wrote:
It looks amazing! I can't decide whether the spindrift would be overkill for UK riding, I would take it abroad aswell but I wouldn't want it to feel like a DH bike for UK bike parks!

I've ordered one as the wait for the tyee was too long. Hoping I didnt make the wrong choice as i do a lot pedalling. Will find out in a few weeks.

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 1:10 Quote
Dunkz wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:

I've ordered one as the wait for the tyee was too long. Hoping I didnt make the wrong choice as i do a lot pedalling. Will find out in a few weeks.

I have last years spindrift which has considerably less anti squat, and i pedal it all day on big mountain rides. Granted my shock has the high compression tune so it bobs very little even with 30% sag. The new one should be easier to pedal.

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
PsyCro wrote:
Dunkz wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:

I have last years spindrift which has considerably less anti squat, and i pedal it all day on big mountain rides. Granted my shock has the high compression tune so it bobs very little even with 30% sag. The new one should be easier to pedal.

Same story here, even though the last year model has very low antisag values i feel it works just fine, running progressive coil at the moment. I don't notice any disturbing bobbing, it does bob yeah but not much. The new version should have far more "better" antisag values and should atleast in theory pedal with less bobbing.

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
Bnito wrote:
PsyCro wrote:
Dunkz wrote:

Same story here, even though the last year model has very low antisag values i feel it works just fine, running progressive coil at the moment. I don't notice any disturbing bobbing, it does bob yeah but not much. The new version should have far more "better" antisag values and should atleast in theory pedal with less bobbing.

Yeah i suppose that the older version was more or less acceptable for normal pedalling in mid gears and also perfectly fine in climbing gears where there is even more antisquat. Its in the harder gears when mashing on the pedals that you get more pedal induced bob.
Overall though, i'd definitely give the nod to the newer version.. it'll prolly appeal more to the average rider whos looking for a park bike that can be used for some enduro racing.
Either way though, both are big bikes made for all out descending and not so much racing.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 1:14 Quote
So i have 5 days of riding this week, with some uphill and a lot of freeride trails so here's my first impressions:

Amazing uphill performances: i cannot feel/see any bobbing while pedaling, really good position for my back (compared with my "old" 2018 Canyon Torque).

Downhill it's a bomb, I am what limits the bike's possibilities lol
I feel that the ZEB Ultimate wants to eat everything at high speed, the faster, the better. I still have to finish setting up all the suspensions, but i think I'm almost there. Still feel/hear some noise from the back on fast roots, not sure if it's the chain, the cables, or the shock.

horrible video...only one i got this weekend....ride more post less :-P
Views: 721    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 1:47 Quote

ALU version coming tomorrow !!! Anyone buying it ?

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 2:29 Quote
I'm thinking about getting the Al. Probably a very similar buid to you. Did you get the 190mm or the 180mm ultimate? Also what brakes did you go for? I'd love to try the formula cura 4's but they're only available from December. I'm on a budget so it will probably be the mt5s.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 3:12 Quote
I chose the 180mm...more than enough for me, maybe 190 could be useful to run extra low pressure and high sag.

Brakes i got the Magura MT7...never tried formula. If you order alu now, it will go in production aroing jan-feb so they should have time to get you those brakes.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 3:50 Quote
Might get the formulas so. tbh I don't think I need the 190 either, but it would slacken it out a bit more and give me the option of running a little more sag as well as you said. If you don't mind me asking, what height and weight are you and what size and spring rate did you go for? I've seen reviewers say that you can run a softer spring than usual while retaining the mid stroke support due to the leverage curve. How do you find the progression with spring in? Is the rear end sensitive for small stuff? Would you describe the bike as plush?

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 4:02 Quote
fontafox wrote:
I chose the 180mm...more than enough for me, maybe 190 could be useful to run extra low pressure and high sag.

Brakes i got the Magura MT7...never tried formula. If you order alu now, it will go in production aroing jan-feb so they should have time to get you those brakes.

Wouhaaaa such amazing build !!!

I love this bike style, do you think this can go for enduro ride almost half year and bike park haff year ? in fact i am riding enduro trail (steep and rough on the south of France) during winter and a little bike park and shuttle during summer.
I will chose air shox for weight purpose during enduro riding and have another coil shox for Downhill track.
this kind of build around 15kg with pedal i think
I would like to know if you think, with a little bit of training, this bike can handle more than 1hour of pedaling up (and performed more than 1000m of D+ in the day).

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008448
Mobile Version of Website