Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Author Message
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 3:39 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
I have a question about the build dates given to people. Where they on point with the correct dates..? Or late, or maybe early..?
Also if they where late, did they contact you on the said build date or before..?

For me.

Order - 18 - 01 - 2021
Planned PD - 26.03.2021
Real PD: 26.03.2021

Received: 02.04.2021

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 13:08 Quote
Order: 29-10-20
Planned PD 26-01-21
Real PD 02-04-21

Received....... TBC

Large, Spindrift mullet, Raw Gloss, Fox Factory, Crank Bro wheels

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 13:53 Quote
Wow thats crazy the difference in between the dates considering sweet06 ordered nearly three months later. It would be interesting to see everybody's dates to see how much they differ.
Are they both carbon frames..?

Ralston88 surley that can't be down to brexit can it..? Theres a guy on you tube with a review on his from the UK and he has had a nightmare waiting for it, it turned up eventually though.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 1:34 Quote
Been a load of issues mainly with Fox parts, firstly was the Fox Transfer, then my slot got moved so my 38s got put on another bike, but believe it's all sorted now! Wasn't an issue with everything locked down, but now things are open it is an issue! Hoping the postage is quick!

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
Yeh I got the email today saying mine will be delayed for a couple of days, waiting for parts still, but apologised for the short notice, its got me thinking theyre waiting for them to arrive today. They said they will have it out before the end of April.

I'd say parts are a big issue at the moment, I ordered a basic spindrift but with select + forks and super deluxe ultimate coil. I didn't even opt for a dropper as I have a new oneup ready to go.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
same email today for me
(29er Alu Large with fox coil and magura)

Sold my current bike already - fingers crossed it doesn't take too long anymore Wink

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 9:43 Quote
KoenR wrote:
same email today for me
(29er Alu Large with fox coil and magura)

Sold my current bike already - fingers crossed it doesn't take too long anymore Wink


Hmmmmmm I wonder what parts are missing..?
Maybe the frames

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 1:58 Quote
when switching to a dual crown fork, what other parts would you need to change?

I assume a new headset, stem, wheel (or can you convert the standard propain hub), ...

and what would be a good combo?
(will have a fox coil in the back, so it would need to be something that works well together)


thanks!

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
Mine alu is missing only the handlebar with the preferred rise and the correct seatpost collar. Those will be send afterwards without additional cost.
Let's see what kind of handlebar and seatpost clamp there is going to be.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
Mine alu is missing only the handlebar with the preferred rise and the correct seatpost collar. Those will be send afterwards without additional cost.
Let's see what kind of handlebar and seatpost clamp there is going to be.


Did they specify in your email what was missing, or did you have to ask.?
I emailed them yesterday asking what parts where short, and if there's any another alternative. I did not receive a reply as of yet.
I find it odd on propains website that you can still order a spindrift and the delivery date is July, they have a traffic light system to say which parts are available and they're all green. Why bother having that system if parts are not available, it doesn't really make sense.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
They send me an email about missing parts without asking. They also informed that decals has been attached and that they are now assembling the parts.
I made my order no more than 30 minutes after the al bike was available and that is why I'm one of the first to get it I guess.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
They send me an email about missing parts without asking. They also informed that decals has been attached and that they are now assembling the parts.
I made my order no more than 30 minutes after the al bike was available and that is why I'm one of the first to get it I guess.



I got email yesterday saying decals and cables had been installed. Got one this morning saying parts have been picked and its all good to go, but invoice says some parts are missing. Its in German but its handlebars 30mm rise, 50mm stem and I think a seatpost collar like yourself, size says 34.9 so I'm gathering it is that.
Hopefully it will be shipped by Friday

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 2:02 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
JAK79 wrote:
They send me an email about missing parts without asking. They also informed that decals has been attached and that they are now assembling the parts.
I made my order no more than 30 minutes after the al bike was available and that is why I'm one of the first to get it I guess.



I got email yesterday saying decals and cables had been installed. Got one this morning saying parts have been picked and its all good to go, but invoice says some parts are missing. Its in German but its handlebars 30mm rise, 50mm stem and I think a seatpost collar like yourself, size says 34.9 so I'm gathering it is that.
Hopefully it will be shipped by Friday

tup
You have no idea how often I check my email the last couple of days...Wink

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
JAK79 wrote:
They send me an email about missing parts without asking. They also informed that decals has been attached and that they are now assembling the parts.
I made my order no more than 30 minutes after the al bike was available and that is why I'm one of the first to get it I guess.



I got email yesterday saying decals and cables had been installed. Got one this morning saying parts have been picked and its all good to go, but invoice says some parts are missing. Its in German but its handlebars 30mm rise, 50mm stem and I think a seatpost collar like yourself, size says 34.9 so I'm gathering it is that.
Hopefully it will be shipped by Friday

They never sent me an email like this but sent me a 35mm stem instead of 50mm and a 20mm rise bar instead of 30mm. The entire cockpit is a bit too close now, but I can't complain because the stem is nicer than the 50mm one and I would haven the swap anyway to have to the bike sooner. You guys will have your bikes before you know it anyway.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 23:30 Quote
Hello! First of all nice bikes out here! I’ve got some questions, I’m 178cm so my size will be M no? Which seat posts do you recommend from the propain list and which length? I was looking for the KS and the Bikeyoke. About the rear shock, Air or Spring? I’m looking for the rockshox but idk which pick, the biggest difference is the weight but it doesn’t matter too much for me and the coil looks way better!
Anyone of you guys tried the new Commencal Meta AM? I’m between this bikes and idk which bike pick, thanks!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006266
Mobile Version of Website