Spindrift 2021
Posted: May 1, 2021 at 1:28 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Order: 29-10-20
Planned PD 26-01-21
Real PD 02-04-21

Received....... TBC

Large, Spindrift mullet, Raw Gloss, Fox Factory, Crank Bro wheels

It's not Spindrift but for the Rage AL and the Shipping in their configurator appears 07. Jun - 11. Jun for me, with the Start build except the shock and brakes. I will be able to order it next week and really wonder if they can manage to send it until end of June..

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 6:02 Quote
ibirider wrote:
Hello! First of all nice bikes out here! I’ve got some questions, I’m 178cm so my size will be M no? Which seat posts do you recommend from the propain list and which length? I was looking for the KS and the Bikeyoke. About the rear shock, Air or Spring? I’m looking for the rockshox but idk which pick, the biggest difference is the weight but it doesn’t matter too much for me and the coil looks way better!
Anyone of you guys tried the new Commencal Meta AM? I’m between this bikes and idk which bike pick, thanks!

Size M should be best for your height. For the dropper, see Propains site about minimum saddle height with each dropper. And compare it to your current bikes saddle height.

Coil shox seems to be better with both Tyee and Spindrift according to reviews.

And finally about Meta. Metas rear end (chain stay) is really short and Propain bikes have much longer. Meta has also long reach. In size M it might be too long for you if you have just to shorter. Short chainstay makes the bike easy to turn but with such long reach I have read that combination is not perfect. But it bigger problem with L and XL Metas. M might be in better balance. Google enduro-mtb review.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
hugh-dh wrote:
Josiffk wrote:
JAK79 wrote:
They send me an email about missing parts without asking. They also informed that decals has been attached and that they are now assembling the parts.
I made my order no more than 30 minutes after the al bike was available and that is why I'm one of the first to get it I guess.

I got email yesterday saying decals and cables had been installed. Got one this morning saying parts have been picked and its all good to go, but invoice says some parts are missing. Its in German but its handlebars 30mm rise, 50mm stem and I think a seatpost collar like yourself, size says 34.9 so I'm gathering it is that.
Hopefully it will be shipped by Friday

They never sent me an email like this but sent me a 35mm stem instead of 50mm and a 20mm rise bar instead of 30mm. The entire cockpit is a bit too close now, but I can't complain because the stem is nicer than the 50mm one and I would haven the swap anyway to have to the bike sooner. You guys will have your bikes before you know it anyway.

At least they will send them out afterwards so we can switch it up to see what feels better. Can't wait to receive the bike its been a long wait. Sounds strange but I cant wait to actually be able to climb on a bike, my current bike I have to push up, I spend more time walking than riding

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
ibirider wrote:
Hello! First of all nice bikes out here! I’ve got some questions, I’m 178cm so my size will be M no? Which seat posts do you recommend from the propain list and which length? I was looking for the KS and the Bikeyoke. About the rear shock, Air or Spring? I’m looking for the rockshox but idk which pick, the biggest difference is the weight but it doesn’t matter too much for me and the coil looks way better!
Anyone of you guys tried the new Commencal Meta AM? I’m between this bikes and idk which bike pick, thanks!

Well I'm 177cm tall 178 on a good day. I went with a large. I emailed propain before I bought the bike, they said if I wanted a more stable bike choose large and if the reach is a bit long I can opt for a smaller stem.
I know a guy who has the old spindrift in a medium and it felt cramped for me. Plus it has a more slack seat tube angle. But I have long arms and torso.
I didn't order a dropper with my bike as I was confused with the sizes, I have short legs so propain recommend any of the 125mm posts. After some research i went with the oneup 150mm dropper, this can be shimmed down to 130mm, but the overall length of the post is the same size as the 125mm posts recommended by popain. So the oneup will be slammed in to the frame, if it turns out its too short it can be shimmed up to 150mm while still being slammed in the frame.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
Thanks for the reply’s! More questions coming... which brakes and wheelset? For the stem and the handlebar the 30mm rise of sixpack and the vertic 50 are good choices? Because they don’t increase the price, thanks!

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 6:17 Quote
Brakes and wheelset are down to personal preference and budget I would say.

At your hight I would pick a shorter stem if you go for size L. 30mm rise bar might be ok or a bit too high because the spindrift allready has a really tall stack hight.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 7:49 Quote
Okey! So you think for the L the 35mm stem and the 20mm rise bar will fit better for me?

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
They actually don't have the 30mm bar and 50mm stem in stock at the moment, they haven't for a while.
They have built my bike with a 35mm stem and 20mm bars, but it hasn't been shipped yet. I should have it in a few weeks so I will let you know if its ok. Thats if you can wait.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
ibirider wrote:
Okey! So you think for the L the 35mm stem and the 20mm rise bar will fit better for me?

My bike arrived Thursday had chance to build Friday. Haven't had the chance to get it out on some trails yet just up and down the street, bike feels very good though the large feels good for my size, it has the 35mm stem and reach feels good. It was shipped with blue bars that look a bit strange. So i would say you would be OK with the large and bar and stem choice. Also the dropper at full length of 150 is perfect to reach the pedals.

I will say that I thought my bike was supposed to have stans flow mk1 rims, but it has newman A30 rims instead.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
At last got my bike delivered last week and built
[url=https://ibb.co/HYcjWz2][img]https://i.ibb.co/sQTZ0wP/20210508-145737.jpg[/img][/url]

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
Josiffk: That rim uppgrade is awesome! Newmen rims are light and still robust. And expensive.
Would love those! I ordered my bike with flow S1 and got flow mk3. Nice upgrade too but not even close to your Newmen.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 5:16 Quote
photo

2 months riding this bike, and still lovely Smile

Added the MegNeg on the rock shox, very good upgrade for enduro riding, that permit to have a more stable bike that not dive on the rear.

This bike is just amazing, very confident with.

Some action here :
Enduro track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ-DwZf2C-w

Downhill track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dltzgjLOEM

I also try it with the coil shox, very cool, but i have a strange noise with it, so it come back to Propain.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 23:25 Quote
When I crashed this weekend I went on checking my spindrift before checking myself. Dead Horse

>>>>> https://www.instagram.com/p/COsL-NYI6jf/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011897
Mobile Version of Website