Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 0:26 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:

I also try it with the coil shox, very cool, but i have a strange noise with it, so it come back to Propain.

I have tried my new bike only a few times but I noticed that super deluxe coil needs that at least 2 full turns of preload. Otherwise it makes loud noises every now and then.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 0:52 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:

I also try it with the coil shox, very cool, but i have a strange noise with it, so it come back to Propain.

I have tried my new bike only a few times but I noticed that super deluxe coil needs that at least 2 full turns of preload. Otherwise it makes loud noises every now and then.

I put 5 turn of preload, and still have a strange feeling / noise when ridding it.

On my previous bike I had the same shox without any noise, therefore I think this one is problematic.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
Ok. Then it is something else. Let's hope that they can fix it soon and will send back to you.

How much sag do you and other people here use with coil and airshock? I'm 72 kg (159 lbs) without gear and clothes. With 400 lb spring I have only 26-27 % of sag. I just ordered 350 lb spring to get some more. I read that Propain CEO said that you can ride the bike with a little over 30 % sag.

Edit. Added my weight.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 2:28 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
Ok. Then it is something else. Let's hope that they can fix it soon and will send back to you.

How much sag do you and other people here use with coil and airshock? With 400 lb spring I have only 26-27 % of sag. I just ordered 350 lb spring to get some more. I read that Propain CEO said that you can ride the bike with a little over 30 % sag.

In fact the SAG on this bike is pretty hard to reach.

I am 80KG with full equipment and with a 400lbs i have around 25% of SAG when I am on riding position ( I think this is not enough) but when I am sited on the saddle i have around 30%.

Therefore, for the moment I ride the air shox (more easy to tune) with 30%sag on Riding position (around 35% sit on the saddle). This is now perfect with the MegNeg and 2 ring spacer inside. Originally I didnt have the spacer on the Shox and the bike goes easily on the travel.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 13:52 Quote
How have UK people route the brake cables? There's only two holes on the left so you can't route it normally for UK brake setup?

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
How have UK people route the brake cables? There's only two holes on the left so you can't route it normally for UK brake setup?
I ride with UK setup. But just swapped the brakes. No issues with rear brake on the left and looping in to the left hole.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:

Yeh me too, I just swapped the levers over, It hasn't made much difference with the cables.
Its mad how they have the brakes the other way round in Europe, if I pulled my front brake with my left hand I would go over the bars..!!

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
Haha indeed! Cool will just loop it like that

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
JAK79 wrote:

How much sag do you and other people here use with coil and airshock? With 400 lb spring I have only 26-27 % of sag. I just ordered 350 lb spring to get some more. I read that Propain CEO said that you can ride the bike with a little over 30 % sag.

I am 80KG with full equipment and with a 400lbs i have around 25% of SAG when I am on riding position ( I think this is not enough) but when I am sited on the saddle i have around 30%.

Therefore, for the moment I ride the air shox (more easy to tune) with 30%sag on Riding position (around 35% sit on the saddle). This is now perfect with the MegNeg and 2 ring spacer inside. Originally I didnt have the spacer on the Shox and the bike goes easily on the travel.

Just out of interest do you get the se knocking noise with the air shock in? The one Im sure most of use here when riding on small bumbs.
I can confirm that fitting Sram AXS doesn't stop this noise incase anyone was wondering that! I thought it might have been some cable rattle inside the frame but not too sure now.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
Anyone else had issues with rear disc clearances? Hope floating rotors don't fit so trying Magura MDP-R!

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
My shock was creaking when I first sat on the bike, after I setup the shock it stopped doing it. I took it out Friday for a spin on the trails and it was fine.
I felt as though I was going to go over the bars on the steep stuff and had all my weight on my hands im almost certain its the bars. I checked propains website and they have put the 18mm rise sixpack bars on my bike, my old bike has 35mm rise and they where perfect.
I'm hoping they send out the right bar and stem soon otherwise I'm going to have to buy a set.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 22:43 Quote
HELP NEEDED: Spindrift 2021 carbon in size S:

I cannot fit the 600ml FIDLOCK bottle ( https://www.fidlock-bike.com/en/produkt/bottle-600-bike-base )

Is the 590ml any different? Did anyone manage to fit it? https://www.fidlock-bike.com/en/produkt/bottle-590/

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 4:02 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:
JAK79 wrote:

Just out of interest do you get the se knocking noise with the air shock in? The one Im sure most of use here when riding on small bumbs.
I can confirm that fitting Sram AXS doesn't stop this noise incase anyone was wondering that! I thought it might have been some cable rattle inside the frame but not too sure now.

With the air shock I don't have this strange feeling and this noise. Therefore I sent it back to Propain the coil shock for a service maintenance.

But anyway, with air I still have little noise, I thin this is due to chain slap, I ordered the STFU, I will revert to you if it fix all the noises .

Quick highlights of this week end ride :
more videos available on my channel where you can hear the bike noise (really not loud).

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
Hi Guys,

Did any of you convert the 29 Spindrift to Mullet? I feel like this might be nice uppgrade - better HTA, not that bad STA, liveliness on the back and longer chainstay than factory mullet. Any thoughts?

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 1:20 Quote
Yeh a review said it works. I ordered the mullet as didnt want to f about and im used to shorter chainstays

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005127
Mobile Version of Website