Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
Are they the sixpack 785.? on propains website they say they are 18mm rise
Mine are blue on my bike, they are also 31.8
I have a large so the reach is long, the low bars are pushing me over the front on steep stuff.
Thinking of changing them myself to 35mm bars and maybe 30mm rise, it means replacing the stem as well though. I'm in two minds weather to get a shorter stem as well.
I have 35mm rise bars on my old bike, 740 wide and they feel comfortable.

mine came with the millennium stem 35mm long and 35mm diameter.
The bar just says Millenium - they look like 200mm rise.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
It's a been a long jounrey since ordering in October 2020, but finally got my build finished!

Spindrift mullet large, custom sprayed Fox 38, Shimano XTR drivetrain, Hope V4 brakes w/ 220mm rotor front.

Nice build! Did u order frame only?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 1:25 Quote
Thanks man, no brought as a whole bike just chopped and changed a few parts!

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 3:49 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
Josiffk wrote:
Has anybody received their missing parts yet..?

I'm struggling with the bars they sent me, they are way too low rise. I'm not sure weather to just buy a stem and bars.

Yes I just received , 2 Months after my Saddle (I just send them a query about where is my saddle, and 4 days after I received it).

then my build is now over Smile , I also replaced the sixpack cockpit by a renthal cockpit, full black, love it Smile

[P=https://scontent-mrs2-
2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/194311605_164924885597699_287313494137197151_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=zw_fXc_c_10AX9a2WIm&_nc_ht=scontent-mrs2-2.xx&tp=7&oh=259fcb8064fa24ddfef31a1c006cc47f&oe=60E7BFFF size=m align=c][/P]

Your bike is looking sweet..! I gave in and ordered a renthal cockpit today from CRC, I went with the 33mm stem and 760 bars also in black, can't wait to get it now.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
It's a been a long jounrey since ordering in October 2020, but finally got my build finished!

Spindrift mullet large, custom sprayed Fox 38, Shimano XTR drivetrain, Hope V4 brakes w/ 220mm rotor front.

She's a beauty mate, dare I say it but its the best one ive seen yet..!
What are the brakes like..? I'm going to upgrade mine next year, I have the sram G2 on my spindrift due to budget at the time, they are not good. I own a set of guide r and guide rs and I think the G2 feel worse. Maybe they need a bleed but surely not being new

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
Josiffk wrote:

What are the brakes like..? I'm going to upgrade mine next year, I have the sram G2 on my spindrift due to budget at the time, they are not good. I own a set of guide r and guide rs and I think the G2 feel worse. Maybe they need a bleed but surely not being new
Well you can never be sure that after installation and hose shortening they did a proper bleed.

For the cockpit setup: I run a 40mm riser and and 40mm stem on my L Tyee. (And 12,5mm spacers below the stem). With my body build and height of 6ft this places the saddle and handlebar at the same height. So rather normal height for the handlebar.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:

soooooooooo sexy.

the mullet build is my only regret....too bad it would have needed a longer waiting time when i ordered :-(

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
Hey guys I just ordered a spindrift aluminum has anyone found a good frame protection that fits? I put a invisiframe on my last bike but they don't have a kit for the aluminum.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
monkshed wrote:
Hey guys I just ordered a spindrift aluminum has anyone found a good frame protection that fits? I put a invisiframe on my last bike but they don't have a kit for the aluminum.

I put a dyed bro on mine, its just the clear gloss kit, its pretty good so far. You can't really tell its on the frame.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
monkshed wrote:

I put a dyed bro on mine, its just the clear gloss kit, its pretty good so far. You can't really tell its on the frame.

Oh yeah nice I do like their graphics they do but I don't want to cover up the spindrift logo on the top tube , I will look into the clear one

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 3:21 Quote
monkshed wrote:

I put Slicy Sublimistick Ultimate (mat) on mine. It's a clear one, but even then I left the Spindrift logo on the toptube uncovered ;-)
What's the chance of getting a scratch there, ha!

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 6:00 Quote
monkshed wrote:
Josiffk wrote:
monkshed wrote:

Oh yeah nice I do like their graphics they do but I don't want to cover up the spindrift logo on the top tube , I will look into the clear one

Yeh they do some good graphics, but I was the same as you I didn't want to cover the bike in them.
I went over my spindrift logo with mine but the logo is still visible I would add a photo but I have no idea how to.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 4:08 Quote
3m clear tape on mine raw alu.
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb20714066/p6pb20714066.jpg
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb20714066/p6pb20714066.jpg

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 3:06 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
Ralston88 wrote:

Cheers mate, 100% recommend Hope V4s, great brakes, not the most powerful, but more than enough and fantastic lever feel!

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 4:44 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Josiffk wrote:
Ralston88 wrote:

Cheers mate, 100% recommend Hope V4s, great brakes, not the most powerful, but more than enough and fantastic lever feel!

Well f*ck my o-zone! Thats really nice dude.

Who did you order the rainbow bolts from? specifically the rotor bolts and the post mount caliper bolts?

Have a Propain Rage CF that I got a crash replacement front triangle a while ago and just getting round to building it back up. Have went with a couple subtle splashes of ano purple but feel rainbow rotor bolts will be a nice finishing touch.

When the 2021 Rage is released its gonna be very tempting but I'm worried there wont be a 27.5" version. Next best thing would be a 2021 Spindrift with boxxers

Out of curiosity, what height are you and how does the size Large mullet feel fit wise?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016097
Mobile Version of Website