PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
3m clear tape on mine raw alu.
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb20714066/p6pb20714066.jpg
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb20714066/p6pb20714066.jpg

It looks as if there is no protection at all! Any closeups?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
whatisthecolour wrote:

Well f*ck my o-zone! Thats really nice dude.

Who did you order the rainbow bolts from? specifically the rotor bolts and the post mount caliper bolts?

Have a Propain Rage CF that I got a crash replacement front triangle a while ago and just getting round to building it back up. Have went with a couple subtle splashes of ano purple but feel rainbow rotor bolts will be a nice finishing touch.

When the 2021 Rage is released its gonna be very tempting but I'm worried there wont be a 27.5" version. Next best thing would be a 2021 Spindrift with boxxers

Out of curiosity, what height are you and how does the size Large mullet feel fit wise?

Thanks dude, most of the bolts were from UberBike, some from elsewhere. I am 183cm and think the large is bang on, but still running a 50mm stem - I think having a bike too long just isn't good for UK riding / jumps but it is all personal preference! On a DH bike probably wouldn't go longer than 470mm - also I am not a fan of full 29, but the Rage will defo be coming out in mullet!

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
Does anybody have issues with the rear suspension linkage creaking..? I went for a ride today and it was very loud it sounds like metal on metal rubbing together. Bike has only been ridden about 7 times nothing heavy either.
I did turn the rebound to slow and it went away but surely that's a coincidence

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 23:58 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
Does anybody have issues with the rear suspension linkage creaking..? I went for a ride today and it was very loud it sounds like metal on metal rubbing together. Bike has only been ridden about 7 times nothing heavy either.

Same here and did exactly the same thing to reduce the sound. I've double ckecked every bolts and every seems fine Confused

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 0:42 Quote
Hi everyone

I'm currently on a DH bike (26in wheel 2011 Devinci Wilson) and thinking about getting a Spindrift as these days its a 40min ride and push-up to the local trails rather than a 5 min ride (and I do like the odd day ride in the mtns).

So how is the bike on DH? Am wondering whether I could still do the odd local Mini DH race on it (Forest of Dean UK) and whether it will cope with Ft Bill and Bike Park Wales without feeling like too much of a compromise?

Also any UK people with post-Brexit purchasing experience - the website text is helpful but still says "we think" a lot. Is it 20% import duty and 14% customs tax - so multiply net cost by 1.34 to get final cost? (and then add shipping)?

Sorry for 20 questions! - this forum is super helpful, useful insight into peoples experience of the supply problems - sounds kind of encouraging compared to what I'd heard elsewhere.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 0:42 Quote
Just a thought, not a fact. Don't lose your sleep over it Smile

There are several posts in different facebook groups where the rear shock has snapped. These issues have been with tyee, but given that the spindrift uses similar linkage design it might happen with spindrift aswell.

The issue seems to be with rockshox dampers, and tight bushings.

The sound could come from those tight bushings.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 1:39 Quote
Bnito wrote:

There are several posts in different facebook groups where the rear shock has snapped. These issues have been with tyee, but given that the spindrift uses similar linkage design it might happen with spindrift aswell.

Ouch ... good to know ! I hope it won't snap then
Thanks for the info !

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
Bnito wrote:

Yeh a guy who rides the local trails here said the same thing, come to think of it you are probably right. The linkage is not making the noise as you can see the moving parts, it would cause wear on the frame and thats not happening, it must be the bushings and my shock is rockshox also. I wonder if a little copper grease would do the trick. Thanks for the info much appreciated

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
Xarm0r wrote:
Josiffk wrote:

Same here and did exactly the same thing to reduce the sound. I've double ckecked every bolts and every seems fine Confused

I emailed TF tuned they said that rock shox bushings are extremely tight and they always have been as they are Teflon coated steel. They recommend to do a bolt check just like you have. But they said to change out the bushings as the ones they use are polymer and not as tight mine are on route should have them in a few days, I will report back to you when its sorted

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 2:41 Quote
Ordered a Spindrift Carbon this week.

For anyone else who's looking to do the same - had an email yesterday to say production would be in the week of 20th Aug - same as it said in the configurator, so looks like thats bang up to date.

(Glances at calendar again to check whether its August yet...)

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
Caseditagain wrote:

For anyone else who's looking to do the same - had an email yesterday to say production would be in the week of 20th Aug - same as it said in the configurator, so looks like thats bang up to date.

Yeh those dates have been proven to be way off and unreliable... not to say that they may have caught up with orders but there have been massive delays all year. I got mine 3 months after pd date.

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
Dini2k wrote:
Caseditagain wrote:

Yeh those dates have been proven to be way off and unreliable... not to say that they may have caught up with orders but there have been massive delays all year. I got mine 3 months after pd date.

Yeah, I'm sort of prepared that there might be more delays - have read the messages and comments and all the stuff about shortages. Fingers crossed for getting it in time for a few light evenings.

Posted: Jul 4, 2021 at 2:54 Quote
On some Facebook groups, it does look like the delays for the Spindrift are pretty good (versus the Tyee with months over the initial PD). Perhaps it's not the same components and they are easier to order.

Posted: Jul 4, 2021 at 3:04 Quote
I ordered a Spindrift late December and my frame was just assembled on Friday.
Original delivery estimate was the end of April

Posted: Jul 4, 2021 at 4:38 Quote
FionnS wrote:
I ordered a Spindrift late December and my frame was just assembled on Friday.
Original delivery estimate was the end of April

Sorry to hear that. There seem to be a few on here who got things a bit quicker. Hope it arrives soon.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010050
Mobile Version of Website