Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
All depends on individual suppliers.. u may have to accept alternatives come delivery time. On average it looks like 6 months waitin time

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
Dini2k wrote:
All depends on individual suppliers.. u may have to accept alternatives come delivery time. On average it looks like 6 months waitin time

Im pretty flexible really, i thought about 6 months . Ive got a few bikes to keep me pedaling till then

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 16:51 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
How are we finding the delays on deliverys ? Are wee seeing any improvement .
Mines is shipping January, my view is il get it for March if im being realistic

Mine just arrived 2 weeks ago, it was close to 10 months from the order date to delivery.
The overall experience was not positive and the communication from Propain was very poor.
Every query was replied to by a different person and the whole operation seemed very amateurish from start to finish.
More worrying still is their response to the frame alignment issues demonstrated by the customer in the video above.
I will be checking my bike out fully before I ride it.
I can't see myself buying another bike from them.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 4:07 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
isn't that a regular extended crown race, also called angle spacer?

It increase the effective stack by increasing the axle to crown length and it gives you also approximately a 0.5 degree slacker front end.

Thanks for the heads. Anyone running one?

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 4:26 Quote
haighd2 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

It increase the effective stack by increasing the axle to crown length and it gives you also approximately a 0.5 degree slacker front end.

You can pick 180 or 190mm forks on the Spindrift...I wonder if they put them on Spindrifts with 180mm forks to keep the front end up and not lose that 0.5°?? Confused

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
haighd2 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

You can pick 180 or 190mm forks on the Spindrift...I wonder if they put them on Spindrifts with 180mm forks to keep the front end up and not lose that 0.5°?? Confused

Nope, not on mine. 180mm fox 38s

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
Dini2k wrote:

Well that ruins my theory haha...

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
Dini2k wrote:

Well that ruins my theory haha...

Haha not necessarily! Could be a recent development in the propain factory! Maybe to conpensate for only having lowish rise handlebars in stock

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 0:29 Quote
FionnS wrote:
Bmg1 wrote:
How are we finding the delays on deliverys ? Are wee seeing any improvement .
Mines is shipping January, my view is il get it for March if im being realistic

Mine just arrived 2 weeks ago, it was close to 10 months from the order date to delivery.
The overall experience was not positive and the communication from Propain was very poor.
Every query was replied to by a different person and the whole operation seemed very amateurish from start to finish.
More worrying still is their response to the frame alignment issues demonstrated by the customer in the video above.
I will be checking my bike out fully before I ride it.
I can't see myself buying another bike from them.

Have you ridden the bike yet?

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 3:08 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
No, still in its box.
I only opened it to make sure they sent the right size and components so far, as nothing could be taken for granted it seems.
The whole order process killed my enthusiasm for the bike almost completely to be honest.
Hope to get home next week, check it out and decide what to do with it.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
FionnS wrote:
Bmg1 wrote:
No, still in its box.
I only opened it to make sure they sent the right size and components so far, as nothing could be taken for granted it seems.
The whole order process killed my enthusiasm for the bike almost completely to be honest.
Hope to get home next week, check it out and decide what to do with it.
Im really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get out riding on it and its been worth it . Im actually a bit nervous having now ordered it . Tempted to cancel it and go with a nomad to be honest.

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 23:12 Quote
Hi, does anyone have a same problem with creaking top shock bolt (AL version)? I have it tightened correctly on 18Nm, but have to loose it because of insane creaking. Should I contact Propain?

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 2:18 Quote
If you have a RS shock I'm fairly sure it isn't the bolt but the mounting set/bushing. Replace that one and you are ok.

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 3:44 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
If you have a RS shock I'm fairly sure it isn't the bolt but the mounting set/bushing. Replace that one and you are ok.

Thanks, yes I do have RS coil shock. I had suspicion on spacer-shock contact area I was just hoping it will be spacer-rocker area because of easier solution Big Grin

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
f-mathes wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

Thanks, yes I do have RS coil shock. I had suspicion on spacer-shock contact area I was just hoping it will be spacer-rocker area because of easier solution Big Grin

Ditch those stock shock mounts asap!!

Any aftermarket bush with a polymer bush should be better than the stock metal DU bushes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012711
Mobile Version of Website